CV Joint axle assembly for 2006 jetta tdi

kdickhausen

TDI
Jetta
I am in desprate need of a CV joint Axle assembly passenger side for a 2006 Jetta. I have called a bunch of places and I am not able to find one. Any ideas? The dealerships I have called have to special order it for a cost of $850.00. :eek:

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
You may have better luck on another forum - this is for the pre-2000 jettas and Passats.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, how the heck did it 'break'? I can count on one hand how many axles I have had to replace on modern Volkswagens. Usually a reboot, or a regreasing is all that is ever needed.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I wish, I had enough power to snap one..I only have RC2 and put down 150hp and haven't even ripped a boot yet...

b-deacon

TDI
2006.5 TDI
kdickhausen said:
I am in desprate need of a CV joint Axle assembly passenger side for a 2006 Jetta. I have called a bunch of places and I am not able to find one. Any ideas? The dealerships I have called have to special order it for a cost of $850.00. :eek:
Go for a aftermarket from napa or a aftermarket VW parts shop like Auto Camping. I think they were around the $200 mark from auto camping. And their customer service is top notch

b-deacon

TDI
2006.5 TDI
rdkern said:
You may have better luck on another forum - this is for the pre-2000 jettas and Passats.
how do you figure that A5 Golf / Jetta is 2005.5 and up

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
Try Raxles.com. I have used them in the past for MkIV assemblies. Good luck, JOHN

TwoTone

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta (sold)
I can only assume that includes labor.

World Impex got me that axle for $300, the dealer wanted $385

And it was a VW axle.

Oh

Makes me wonder if the same thing happened as did to me. I posted about replacing my DMF and over a year later the axle dropped out on my wife.
In that psot someone responded with the same issue.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
You didn't say how the axle failed. Did one of the CV joints fail or did the mounting bolts fail?

Bentleys says that the bolt at the outer joint and the bolts at the inner joint should ALWAYS be replaced because they might fail if re-used.

Dealers love to reuse one time use bolt pretty routinely. If they reused those bolts, then the 2nd failure is their fault, if it was because of bolt failure.

tekdummie

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Drive Axle

I just had to repair mine. Have a growling in the front left, and some vibration. Had play in the inner side of the shaft which is a cap and roller type bearing. 3 rollers inside a metal housing. I took it to a drive line shop and had it rebuilt for $90. No play now, I have to put it on this morning to see if it was the problem. Everything else seems tight. $400 at the dealer for the axle and $5xx from World Impex.

aellen

TDI
jetta 06
axle replacement

I recently replaced my driverside at 225K miles after a persistent clicking sound appeared, I bought one at NAPA for 70 bucks or so, Easy in/out in an hour, remember to unbolt the ball joint off the lower arm so the knuckle will swing out of the way to push the axle thru and get a set of triple squares....

also the ball joint holes are massively tighter than the mk4, so worrying about a realignment is not necessary