2004 Jetta & Golf

rennsportmotorrad

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon
I have a question --On the 2004 Jetta & the 2004 Golf are the 2 side grills in the lower bumper cover interchangeable?--I have looked at a parts fische and they are different part numbers but that could be for any reason. The reason I am asking is I am trying to install a set of Hella driving lights part number 1NL 008 383 821 when I look it up it says for a Golf, but I go to some websites inter my auto info and it gives me a green check mark, but below that says Golf. If the grills themselves are interchangeable then I am golden--if not I have to drop back and punt. Thanks

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I see your still working on this. :cool:

What he is asking is if a Hella DE light kit made for a MK-4 Golf will fit in his 2004 Jetta wagon. (basically if the lower front side grill vents are the same shape/interchangeable for Golf & Jetta)

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
They are not the same.

And the part numbers are model specific. The 1J0 prefix is A4 Golf, the 1J5 prefix is specific to the A4 Jetta/Bora model.

They are shaped slightly different. They are very similar, though.

Do a google image search and you can compare them:

1J0-853-665-B

1J5-853-665-A

Also know that the right (passenger) side cover is the opening for the intercooler duct on turbocharged cars, so you really would not want to block that off with anything anyway.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
My black 99.5 came from the factory with the intercooler vent blocked off the the factory. I believe it was a screw up. I still have the blockoff piece somewhere.