2003 gti/tdi ny

zurgin1251

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Up for sale is a 2 door 2003 GTI with a TDI swap. The swap was performed by forum member 94x. When I purchased the car, it had 72,900 miles on the body and ~140k miles on the engine. The car currently has 117,328 miles on the odometer. Details of the swap are as follows:

Full timing belt service, Vnt 17, 11mm IP, Bosio PP764, Malone Stage 4 tune, 2.5 inch downpipe to 3 inches and a South Bend Stage 2 clutch.

I have performed the following maintenance:
96,314 miles: Zimmerman rotors and Akebono ceramic pads all around and bronze caliper bushings. Set of Nokian Entyre II's and a BFI Stage I dogbone mount.
100,480 miles: Koni FSDs with heavy duty mounts, bearings and hardware.
Oil And filter changes every 10k miles with Rotella T6 5W40 and fuel filter changes every 20k miles.

The car is an absolute blast to drive and I typically get 45 mpg on my mostly highway commute of 100 miles. The car is a New England vehicle and as such has some small rust spots in the typical places along the leading edge of the hood and the top of the front fenders. Overall the car is solid and the spots could easily be touched up. The headliner fabric is coming down and held in place with pins. The A/C does not work. There is a leak in the system that I havent bothered tracking down. I also have a seperate set of VW alloys with General Arctic Alltimax tires. Asking $4,800

Last edited:

zurgin1251

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I forgot to mention that the car also has a frostheater installed. Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

02NBTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 GTDI
Nice Golf!! Surprised no one has jumped on this.
If I had a few more dollars I would be all over it!!

Would love to own it!!

P.M. Sent

Last edited:

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Nice Golf!! Surprised no one has jumped on this.
If I had a few more dollars I would be all over it!!

Would love to own it!!

P.M. Sent

Usually swaps will fetch lower prices, unless it’s in a mk1or 2. Plus no AC, headliner and other things could make it difficult to sell .

Bajan

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Usually swaps will fetch lower prices, unless it’s in a mk1or 2. Plus no AC, headliner and other things could make it difficult to sell .

Bajan
It's summer. AC is a bigger priority in the summer.