What kind of bulb for front turn signal? It's out.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
What kind of bulb for front turn signal? It\'s out.

Anybody know? Is it the #194 type bulb, same as the city light on the Golf, but amber colored? Just burnt out on the way to work this morning. Thanks. The fast clicking sound of the blinker is annoying. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta

Chris, it may be a PY21W. Do you have your OM accessible to verify?

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI

OM, owners manual? I will look at it when I get home. I didn't think it would be in there.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T

That's why VW made the little side "ledges" in the glovebox. To put the owners manual.

djdluck

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta A4

I have the same problem. Dropped by Autozone (i think), and they gave me a bulb (part #LT3357NA). I can't verify that it is the right on yet as I haven't succeeded in putting it in yet. See my post for how changing the bulb can be a pain in the @rse.

-Richard

djdluck

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta A4

I finally got the blinker out after a protracted effort... The number on the left blinker bulb was (3457A). The right blinker had a slightly different number (3457KNA). I didn't try the new bulb as my "broken blinker" magically resumed normal function follwing bumper and headlight removal. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta

the American cross-referenced bulb is usually OK though the intensity and the diameter of the bulb's base is usually off a little. A purist would never accept though the general motoring public will never notice the difference.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't try the new bulb as my "broken blinker" magically resumed normal function follwing bumper and headlight removal. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing is happening to me. I didn't work for a few days, then it worked for a month or so, and now it is out again (currently 2 days). ***?