Platteville,WI April 2012 Dyno Day

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I last ran my car at DB Performance in Rogers MN... not exactly Wisconsin ;)
They did a dyno day for a group of locals(eurowerks and mnaudi)

nic_a_bod

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Bummer, just checked in on this to make sure it was a go for tomorrow. I'm open to La Crosse, but we should make it during Oktoberfest then ;-)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Bummer, just checked in on this to make sure it was a go for tomorrow. I'm open to La Crosse, but we should make it during Oktoberfest then ;-)

Yeah it kind of sucks.:mad:

Well some options:

Move it to May 5th
I could check and see if the guy with the mobile dyno could bring it to Platteville and still have it in Platteville or could all just meet in Dodgeville where the shop is, which is 30 min. from Platteville.

I can check availability for the shops in Madison, Chippewa Falls, Waukesha.

I'm going to leave it up to someone else to check on the possibility to dyno in LaCrosse, since I don't know enough about the college or area.

Let me know what you guys think.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
The Twin Cities are easy for me but Rodgers is getting a bit long for the eastern WI crowd.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
this has not been a good month for me 1st my car went down and then i got he new dmax in the driveway and the water pump went on it filling my driveway with a few gallons of coolant. dmax is finally back up and running....water pumps are a pita on these things. supposedly my bfi mounts are finally on their way after being on back order for 2 weeks. hoping to find the rest of the parts needed and go to town on it next weekend. oem used parts for mk5 tdis are turning out to not be easy to get....

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Any up date? So if I can break free, and be there, I know where there is.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Any up date? So if I can break free, and be there, I know where there is.

I was hoping there would be a little more interest before I went ahead and committed to the guy. With only 3 people interested, I'm not sure...:confused:

Since it doesn't really matter with the college schedule we could try a later date. I have the June 2nd open, otherwise I don't have any free weekends until the end of June.

Granted I don't necessarily even need to be there if someone else is willing to head up the dyno day. Just another option to consider.

Let me know your thoughts guys, so we can hopefully get something together.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Well with only 3 people interested I don't think it is worth it to have it tomorrow. I let the guy know that we might try and pick another date.

If there is enough interest we can setup another dyno day.

Otherwise we'll try again next rear.:cool:

mrowens33

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta sedan slushbox, 2004 Jetta wagon manual( my Noble Steed)
Dyno day

Well with only 3 people interested I don't think it is worth it to have it tomorrow. I let the guy know that we might try and pick another date.

If there is enough interest we can setup another dyno day.

Otherwise we'll try again next rear.:cool:
So has this Dyno day fizzled out. Were you able to find somebody to do tuning on the same day?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
So has this Dyno day fizzled out. Were you able to find somebody to do tuning on the same day?
Umm, this dyno day was suppose to happen back in April, so I'd say yeah it fizzled out.

I'll probably try to organize another dyno day next spring.

TDIinWI

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI (Current Chariot), '05 Passat TDI (RIP), '03 Beetle TDI (RIP), '00 Golf TDI (RIP), '98 Jetta TDI (RIP)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly I don't think the dyno at Platteville could be utilized, so finding a shop that would be willing to host a dyno day is the hang up.

If anyone has any ideas on where to host a dyno day feel free to post it up.