Audi A6 C5 1.9TDI Quattro conversion

whoo-kid

TDI
Audi A6
Audi A6 C5 1.9TDI FWD to Quattro conversion

Hi there!
I have Audi A6 1.9Tdi with PD130 engine and FWD... My old dream was Create a Quattro car with 1.9TDI. I know it's not so smart to build a 4WD from FWD, but I love my ride and wanna do this:)
So, first What I did is purchasing a donor. This is Audi A6 Avant 98' 2.5Tdi Quattro 6Speed manual from I'll use a gearbox, transmission and rear part of floor.
And I'm thinking about a 2052 turbo from 2.5Tdi. It looks 2 times larger than my stock 1749va, so can I get 220 hp with this turbo? After finishing with Quattro I want to rebuild my engine with 2260 turbo and Darksidedevelopments nozzles. By this way I want to get 280-300 hp, but I don't want a race car, I want to use it everyday, so I need a compromise between a power and elasticity.
Right now I have first questions: the 2052 turbo and stock PD130 injectors is normally for save 200-220 hp?
I can't purchase a big turbo and nozzles now, through limit in my budget:)
Thanks
How can I add images?

Last edited:

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Once you get the quattro driveline into your car, the performance mods will be extremely simple in comparison. Check back then. You probably have at least year's worth of work if you're motivated and doing everything on your own.

Don't bother with doing half-steps. If you already have a vision and target for performance and the engine is already going to be out of the car, go straight to your final goal and finish it. GTB2260VK(LR) and Bosio Race783 will get you there with other relatively minor tweaks.

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
I built much the same thing when my 2.5TDI went pop. Its a 1.9 AFN, with 6-speed and Quattro, GT2052v turbo, etc.

I think you are crazy to try and swap FWD to Quattro - its just not worth the effort when you can buy one already and just swap the motor. If you already have a donor why not just put the 1.9 in that instead?

To add images by the way, host them somewhere and then paste the http path in between
tags :)

whoo-kid

TDI
Audi A6
Because donor car without documents. I can't drive it on the roads ;(
I know, I'm crazy, but I have no way back;)

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Realistically you can't swap a quattro rear end into a FWD car.. Floor pans are entirely different as are several of the substructure that welds to the pan. It's ALOT of work to do it properly.

whoo-kid

TDI
Audi A6
Realistically you can't swap a quattro rear end into a FWD car.. Floor pans are entirely different as are several of the substructure that welds to the pan. It's ALOT of work to do it properly.
Sure,I can't just "swap" rear subframe, i'll need to change floor pans, this is why I purchased a donor car.

gheorghelucian

TDI
B6 2010
As far as I know, they should be bolt on. Or at least this is how it goes on a4b6. Nothing to mod on the chassis. Just change fuel tank+rear axle

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
That's why we're still talking about it 5 years on from the OP and no updates since. :D