www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Eastern USA

Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the Eastern USA. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, DC. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)

Old March 14th, 2008, 12:42   #1
hddon

Fuel Economy: 47 mpg
Default prothe - VW parts vendor ??

Has anoyoen ever heard of this website...The guys nakme is Pete, and his email is eMiata.com"

he has a rebuilt injection pump, and wanted to know if anyone has ever done business with him..

Thanks in advance for any comments..

Don
Old March 14th, 2008, 15:37   #2
M I N I O N
scammer & kfed poser

TDI(s): 1

I have no direct experience with them but I know there are a lot of the parts on that site that people advise against regularly.
Hope that helps.
M I N I O N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 15:47   #3
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

That's the same exact site as (prothe link removed) (notice the dash)

I was kinda wondering the same thing... They have VNT actuators listed for $50...

Last edited by BKmetz; March 13th, 2010 at 16:28.
TDIJetta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 15:53   #4
ninedee_golf_tdi

A customer showed up for his timing belt appointment Monday with one of eMiata's kits. Neither the rollers nor the timing belt are branded, and the timing belt was crunched into a small box causing the belt to be bent in half. I wouldnt do the timing belt job because of the quality (lack of) of the parts. That example is typical of what folks end up with when dealing with eMiata. Since no regular shop can really rebuild a pump, his claims are dubious unless he is selling a previously rebuilt pump by a reputable dealer.
ninedee_golf_tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 22:17   #5
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninedee_golf_tdi
A customer showed up for his timing belt appointment Monday with one of eMiata's kits. Neither the rollers nor the timing belt are branded, and the timing belt was crunched into a small box causing the belt to be bent in half. I wouldnt do the timing belt job because of the quality (lack of) of the parts. That example is typical of what folks end up with when dealing with eMiata. Since no regular shop can really rebuild a pump, his claims are dubious unless he is selling a previously rebuilt pump by a reputable dealer.
Well there you have it. YGWYPF. Wow!

2011 BMW 335d - JR 2.8, 600 lb-ft
Blue_Hen_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:51   #6
hddon

thanks everyone for the info...Think I'll pass on him
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:59   #7
hddon

Any suggestions where would be the best place to buy a rebuilt pump ?
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:08   #8
ninedee_golf_tdi

Just send yours off to DFIS in Portland.
ninedee_golf_tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 17:11   #9
no-blue-screen
TDI Nut

TDI(s): TDI

This all sounds like 'made in china' to me

Super low quality knock-off parts...I have nothing against china...it's just that is where this type of stuff usually comes from.

Get your parts from a reputable vendor on this site. If it sounds too good to be true, that usually means it is.
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:07   #10
TDIdragon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32-City 36-Hwy 30-Towing

Has anyone tried his IPs? He has an 11mm on there for $710 (minus $300 core) price, and it is really tempting as mine is probably going to leaking after sitting for over a year with 200K+ on it...

Also, does anyone have another site they might recommend for the 11mm IP for an AHU engine?
2004 Golf TDI-PD GL 5-speed
TDIdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 13:17   #11
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SAME OR COMPATIBLE BOSCH # WHEN/IF YOU BUY ANOTHER PUMP!!!!!! If you have other vehicles to drive and can do it,send the pump to get rebuilt at DFIS in Oregon-I think they are listed in vendor or mechanic section.I think Kerma sells them also.You could also go through dealer-I was going to go that route(already paid for pump and core charge)-but BleachedBora was able to hook me up with one.If you buy a pump that has a different Bosch # or not compatible #,your car will not run right.This happened to me 4 hrs. from home at a trusted mechanics shop......
97 Passat TDI-420,688 miles,totalled by 86yr.old lady-gone,but not forgotten:mad-'15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen w/DSG, 43k miles....'16 Kubota BX1870 MMM/FEL, 260hrs-And now an '03 Jetta TDI 5spd w/ 443k,RC2,Sprint 520's,Dieselgeek short shifter , totaled 10/13/19 by a stupid deer, back alive 11/4/19....
tdidieselbobny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 13:37   #12
TDIdragon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32-City 36-Hwy 30-Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdidieselbobny
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SAME OR COMPATIBLE BOSCH # WHEN/IF YOU BUY ANOTHER PUMP!!!!!! If you have other vehicles to drive and can do it,send the pump to get rebuilt at DFIS in Oregon-I think they are listed in vendor or mechanic section.I think Kerma sells them also.You could also go through dealer-I was going to go that route(already paid for pump and core charge)-but BleachedBora was able to hook me up with one.If you buy a pump that has a different Bosch # or not compatible #,your car will not run right.This happened to me 4 hrs. from home at a trusted mechanics shop......
Is BleachedBora a retailer or just some one that had one?

Was the IP Part # issue from an incorrect IQ setting for that particular pump?
2004 Golf TDI-PD GL 5-speed
TDIdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 13:49   #13
BioDan

They are certainly a lot cheaper but as many have said YGWYPF .I have bought from that site and there is a difference in quality not only price!In some cases that is fine ,but internal engine parts are not a place to cheap out.
BioDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 14:12   #14
Sip'n Diesel
Veteran Newbie

Fuel Economy: 900 miles on 16.9 gallons - Personal Endurance Record
Thumbs down

search term: "prothe"
2003 Jetta GL - 5 Speed Manual - Alaska Green - Dieselgeek Panzer Plate & Full Metal Jacket - DGRP - ScanGaugeII - WeatherTech Deflectors - Vent Delete - DRL Delete - Muffler Delete - KONI STR.T - Redneck Armrest - 5 Brake Lights - Otherwise all stock, for now
Sip'n Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 14:41   #15
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddon
Has anoyoen ever heard of this website...The guys name is Pete, and his email is eMiata.com"

he has a rebuilt injection pump, and wanted to know if anyone has ever done business with him..

Thanks in advance for any comments..

Don
AKA prothe, major source of Chinese sourced crap on ebay. You will get what you pay for.

Brian, 2015 Passat SE TDI 6MT
Kathy, 2014 Passat SE 2.5
Chris, 2015 Passat SEL TDI

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote