What is your replacement car/truck?

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
With all of the impending turn ins / buybacks, I figured we could have one thread to post up our replacements.

This is mine:

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6. Looks nice, very comfortable, high quality interior, good electronics, quiet, surprisingly fast, and better fuel economy than expected. Bought it with 14,000 miles and got it CPO and added the premium warranty. I've had it about a week and a half and I'm very impressed so far.

Just got my 35% tint put on:

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Turned my car over this morning. Bought its replacement about three weeks ago. Not as efficient, but a lot more fun. This is what I went with...

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
I've always liked the TT ever since it came out. Nice color!

The Honda isn't nearly as fuel efficient as the TDI...but it's surprising how fast it is when you really get on it.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
I've always liked the TT ever since it came out. Nice color!

The Honda isn't nearly as fuel efficient as the TDI...but it's surprising how fast it is when you really get on it.
Thanks! Indeed, though the TDI has many strengths, its hard to count fast among them. :)

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
Turned my car over this morning. Bought its replacement about three weeks ago. Not as efficient, but a lot more fun. This is what I went with...

niiiice - the seats alone look delicious... bet she scoots!

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Fast yes, but expensive? Given the rather substantial subsidy provided by VWoA, not as much as you'd think. :)

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
I bought a 17 Malibu hybrid.
The TDI transformed me into kind of an efficiency nut.
At least for cars. I have other things that eat fuel like crazy.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I've been thinking I don't want to leave the diesel world and been wanting something stupid reliable. Been reading up on the 2005-2006 E320 CDIs and how you can get 500K miles out of them. So I'm vacationing in FL and yesterday found this little gem. Private owned by a couple with two of these.. wife got upgraded to a new MB and hers was up for sale. 180K miles.. pretty clean.. all maintenance records with brand new Michelin tires and injectors. Everything works on the car and it drives soooo good. $6000. Looks like I'm driving it home..lol
Was making 48mpg going from Tampa to Venice.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
wow, score!
interior in good shape?
Interior is good, nothing torn or ripped but it does need to be shampood because they have three kids.

Everything works on the car, all little lights and buttons work.

The only thing I need to fix/change is the auxillary battery. I guess the car comes with 3 batteries and one is a little motorcycle backup battery which never gets used, but that one is out and it gives me a warning about it each time I start the car.

2012a3tdi

TDI
Audia3 2012
I'm not sure when I will be able to turn in my A3, but I would like to pick up a new S3. Not sure i'm in a hurry to trade in my tdi, may keep roll'n it until the end of the year.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
One thing I'm really appreciating about the CDI is that it starts blowing warm air what seems right away, no more freezing off my ass after work when the TDI's was sitting outside all day. Within driving for a mile, the CDI is blowing HOT air, probably faster than any gasoline engine I've ever owned.

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Replaced my 2013 A3 with a 2016 Passat TSI. Pocketed 8K, not as sporty but very compfortable. Only lost 3-4 mpg considering I was averaging 40 in the TDI and so far getting around 36 in the TSI and it's not broken in yet.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
[
I am opting for more fun too. S3 or S4 as replacement. If I can't get 40 MPG I might as well have fun getting upper 20's mpg.... :)

Buying a Honda just is NOT in the DNA of a German car enthusiast....

redblues

TDI
Audi A3, Mk6 Golf
That is nice PeteZ06.
Did anybody consider a new A3 e-tron? Did the sticker price keep everybody away?
I was ready to order an A3 e-tron prestige until I sat in the allroad. Shorter wait time and better resale down the line. The sticker price wasn't much of a deterrent, but for some reason they were able to discount the allroad more than the 2017 e-tron.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
I bought a 2015 A8L TDI in August 16 to replace my 2015 A3 TDI. Big car that drives much smaller and is extremely comfortable. Great highway cruiser that averages 38 mpg at 80 mph and is pretty quick too. Paid $57,000 with 20,000 miles and $95K sticker. Not bad for a 2 year old car. Will also get either $6500 (if prior owner files) or $13000 check from VW too assuming they have a fix for it, much more if they don't.

Just holding onto the A3 for a while to keep me from piling the miles on the A8L.

Last edited: