High beams not working

davomatic

TDI
2005 jetta & 2009 jetta
I have a 2005 Jetta, TDI, BEW. Last night the high beam function stopped working. does any one know if this is a typical switch failure or is it a relay. And, if it is a relay where is it located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Davomatic:eek:

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Check your fuses first. Then check the bulbs. Unlikely that two blew at the same time but stranger things have happened. After that maybe a relay.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I just replaced two at the same time on a friends car, wierd but it does happen. The other thing would be the switch maybe, seen that on other cars.

davomatic

TDI
2005 jetta & 2009 jetta
Thanks for the feedback. I had replaced both bulbs about 5 months ago and did not suspect they would fail this soon. i did a continuity check and sure enough, both high beam elements were bad. So, safely into the darkness I go.
Davomatic

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Thanks for the feedback. I had replaced both bulbs about 5 months ago and did not suspect they would fail this soon. i did a continuity check and sure enough, both high beam elements were bad. So, safely into the darkness I go.
Davomatic

I don't know whaty's available to you over there but I'm using this type in my car, I've got this kind in one set

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h4-ring-xenon-max-100-12v-60-55w.html

and osram nightbreakers in the other and they seem to be really good, a nice bit brighter than the standard bulbs and also better quality.

Last edited: