AdBlue heater recall

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I received notice yesterday regarding replacement of my AdBlue heater. There is no mention of miles or age and an offer of reimbursement if you have already done the repair.

My car has thrown AdBlue heater codes in the past and have been able to reset to rid them, currently I have no check engine light. I had the emission fix performed a couple of months ago. FYI

Results for your
2014 PASSAT TDI SEL PREMIUM 2.0L AUTO
Recalls

This vehicle does not have an open recall OR a recall was issued more than 15 years ago.

Service Campaigns
Service campaigns shown may be available for a limited time only. Please contact your authorized VW dealer for additional information.

REPAIR NEEDED

AdBlue Heater

VW Action Code 26K4

NHTSA Recall Number Awaiting#

Start Date 07-18-2018

Description

Remedy

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Same here. Will hopefully get it done at the same time as Phase II of the fix. I've always figured there will be a few additional "tweaks" needed post-fix, either in terms of recalls/repairs or in terms of warranty extensions (like they did for the turbos and heaters, previously). My money says this is the first of several.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
It is a service action, so an updated part is installed when doing the service, but not a recall. Mine was replaced last week, it was original at 63,700 miles on my ‘14 sel. My ‘14 has never had a check engine light.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
my 2012 had the ad blue heater done in 2015 and VWOA paid for the replacement. It has been an issue from the get go. My car never needed to use the heater,but it failed anyway. FL in winter NE summer.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
We've had the light on for about 4 months and since we're trading it in - late to the rebate party we didn't care. But I'm glad I decided to do nothing. Procrastination pays off!

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I'll second the procrastination vote. I had done the research and was ready to buy the Toureg heater when this came through. Saved me from the effort...