For all the clowns saying that there wouldn't be a fix

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
2012-14 Passat (Manual) not included yet?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
sort of tempting, but hard to turn down a $7k profit on buyback... i'd love to find a fixed sportback at a nice price for my replacement, though!
and then tune the thing to totally max out this glorious dieselgate experience.:0

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
So who where are these "clowns" you speak of? Voices in your head, maybe?
Certainly VW is court ordered to make things right. Anything prior to an official fix was/is just pure speculation to be taken with a grain of salt. Are some folks going to receive a royal shafting over this? Without a doubt.
Many people on here and Facebook groups.

What do you mean by "people are going to get a royal shafting"?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Just the way these things go down with car companies. You know that VOA will be trying to lessen the payout just as much as they can. Just like when there were/are those HPFP failures, VOA would claim that cars were being mis-fueled with gasoline by their owners.

I haven't heard much one way or the other so what I offer is just an opinion. I have never even had a Facebook account. It is of my opinion that most things you read on Facebook aren't worth reading.

Last edited:

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Just the way these things go down with car companies. You know that VOA will be trying to lessen the payout just as much as they can. Just like when there were/are those HPFP failures, VOA would claim that cars were being mis-fueled with gasoline by their owners.

I haven't heard much one way or the other so what I offer is just an opinion. I have never even had a Facebook account. It is of my opinion that most things you read on Facebook aren't worth reading.
Anyone who complains about dieselgate is simply a whiner. I deleted and tuned the car shortly after buying it and have been happy with the 42mpg average and the $1k we received from Audi and the 5-6k we will receive once they do their "fix".

All of my friends who took the buyback option literally got paid to own thier cars. Raw deal? GTFOH

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Not whining a bit. I just wouldn't own a TDI newer than the BRM's. I can just imagine how much of a money pit the EA288 engine will be. A lot of expensive and unnecessary tech. Computer controlled oiling and cooling? Really? How much fuel is that going to save over the lifetime of a car? A gallon maybe?

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Not whining a bit. I just wouldn't own a TDI newer than the BRM's. I can just imagine how much of a money pit the EA288 engine will be. A lot of expensive and unnecessary tech. Computer controlled oiling and cooling? Really? How much fuel is that going to save over the lifetime of a car? A gallon maybe?
Well that's one thing we agree on, too much technology ruins a car

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Terry, don't be a jerk.

Some of us have owned VW diesels and have been SHAFTED by VW several times. 2000 Jetta window failures, PD engine balance shaft failures and cam failures, HPFP failures, turbo fails, all kinds and in most cases we were left holding the bag.

Calling it whining is just childish. These are seasoned opinions based on facts of previous treatment.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Terry, don't be a jerk.

Some of us have owned VW diesels and have been SHAFTED by VW several times. 2000 Jetta window failures, PD engine balance shaft failures and cam failures, HPFP failures, turbo fails, all kinds and in most cases we were left holding the bag.

Calling it whining is just childish. These are seasoned opinions based on facts of previous treatment.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Guess I have just been lucky then. My 2003 GLI was super reliable only did a few ign coils and wheel bearings on it. My 2003 ALH Golf has been reliable as a tank. 290k on it now. The wife's A3 has been great other than a bad repair by whatever high school student that the dealer had working for them. But I will maintain that if you are complaining about getting paid to own your CR TDI, no matter what went wrong with it, that is indeed whining.

Last edited:

LeeLeeVegas

TDI
Audi A3 TDI 2010
Did you do the fix? I'm curious to hear from someone who did the fix-still can't deci

I still have mine. I will go for the fix and the $5000 if the fix is as good as it sounds. Only 2 mpg loss after the fix?
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/first-gen-vw-tdi-owners-are-officially-eligible-for-a-fix/
Did you end up doing the fix? I have a 2010 Audi A3 S line, and still can't decide since I love the car so much...but if I keep it I guess I need to schedule the fix and pick up my $6k.... curious to hear how the fix changed the car..

BK97

TDI
2011 Audi A3 TDI Premium
Not yet. I got the "Emissions Modification" official recall letter a while back. Mine is a 2011, 7 years old next summer. In Ontario (Canada) after 7 years all cars have to go for a mandatory emissions test so that's my deadline.

In the recall Audi says the modification will:
-increase engine noise (without noticeable changes to driving characteristics of the car)
-change the frequency and occurrence of "special engine operating modes" (DPF)
-higher shifting speeds in Drive mode
-increase of 0.4 L/100 kms of fuel consumption
-minor changes in engine torque (without noticeable changes)
-changes to the On-Board Diagnostic System

It also says the recall will replace the NOx Reduction Catalyst, Exhaust Gas Recirculation filter and exhaust flap; and replace the software.

After the "fix" you also get a 10 year warranty extension or 4 year post-fix warranty extension on:
-entire exhaust gas after treatment system
-entire fuel system
-EGR system
-turbocharger
-glow plug

I have read reviews that have said that there is no change after the fix and also that the fix took all of the pep out of the car.

I plan to drive my A3 thru this winter and come up with a plan in the spring. I am leaning towards keeping it, I do like it plus I just bought new winter tires for it.