tdi automatic ?

mikeanth

yeah, I just picked up an automatic 2000 Jetta TDI in Mississauga, ON Canada yesterday. They also have Golf automatics as well.

------------------
Mike

ENUTPEN8

Veteran Member
Picked up green NG TDI auto 2 weeks ago in St. Louis. VW makes an excellent automatic, very smooth, very smary, far superior to the autos in my previous Concordes. I'm only on my 2nd tank of fuel. Enjoy...driveon

------------------
'71 Super Beetle w/Hurst & header; '99 New Golf GLS TDI auto.

JoeCompton

Just picked up a '99 Golf GLS TDI Auto. Hard to find one in Northern Illinois. Out of the entire Chicago Land area, only two dealers had ever seen them. Each dealer only had one and one was a demo. Are these rare cars, or just in certain regions?

Kiwi_ME

Veteran Member
TDI
'18 Kona EV, ex '03 Golf TDI, '82 Rabbit Diesel
Perhaps some of you could expand your comments and tell us what led you to an auto, your impressions of driveability and performance, and lastly what sort of gas mileage you're getting. I'm considering an auto and would appreciate the info.

Thx!

paul a

nomad

Veteran Member
Joe Compton: Edmurpy in Schaumburg has a Red Golf GL Automatic with Grey cloth interior

You really need to test drive the Automatic TDI. Numbers on paper or a web page do not give an good description.

It's like musical instruments, you really need to play/hear them to truly know if you like them or not.

Mitch

TDI
98 New Beetle / 03 Beetle DSG
I test drove a New Golf GL TDI automatic about 2 months ago. I expected it to be slugish and underpowered. I was shocked, it drove great, was quick and very smooth.

Mitch

98 NB TDI w/45K miles and rolling

Achoo

Veteran Member
mileage for the automatic tdi... see vwvortex tdi forum's thread "automatic's mileage for the curious"

i think the best VWx6 got theoretically was 47 mpg u.s. my fiance got 43.9 mpg u.s.