mk2 vnt rear motor mount bracket not lining up?

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
another user just sold this to me, i thought it was like the darkside mount i could have purchased instead.
there is wiggle room in mount bolts to block which i don't know if that is safe? and look at my picture the bolt hole for the rear mount is way off?
do i just drill my own hole and will that be safe?
im using vw hydro mounts and the mk3 subframe and everything was bolted up fine before i just took it apart so i'm pretty sure i can't loosen them all and make this work.
i'm not even sure where to find out the brand of the mount to contact those people to see what they say.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
Assuming the mount was manufactured correctly . . . are you sure the engine is in there straight? What if you loosen the transmission and front mount slightly and give the motor a good shove?

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i had the motor all centered and installed before dealing with this mount. but i did try it for the hell of it and loosened it all up and tried and its not really close and parts are about to touch on the side.

i'm just not smart enough to know if its a bad idea to drill another hole an inch and a half away and run it.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I’d drill another hole. The rear mount for my project didn’t line up after shifting the engine and I needed to open the holes. I don’t see any issue with what I did...

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
If the bracket fits properly at the engine then I would likely drill a new hole and grind off the excess that sticks over and into the area of the turbo.

If it doesn't fit to the engine properly, as though maybe there needs to be a spacer of some sort, on the left side that we can't see, then I would add a spacer (upper and / or lower) to make the bracket mount correctly.

As it is now, and it's really hard to see in this photo, it appears as though the bracket is tilted in the direction of the turbo. I might be completely off about that as I said the photo does not lend itself to comparing angles or fitment at all, but my first reaction was that the mounting was off on the left near the turbo.

Steve

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Thanks the only feedback I have got so far is that that company may have made some crap not even sure if they are still around. I’m gonna take a chance and run it. The brackets height lined up fine like stock mount bracket. Looks like I just had to drill hole an inch or so to the left. No amount of shifting would do it. Will report back if it breaks I guess. From what I have read it doesn’t sound like you need to drill a new hole on other mounts on the market?