Throttle power converter

Rutch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI
For what it is, the sprint booster is pretty pricey. You're almost at the cost of a ECU reflash that'll give you better throttle response AND more power :D

brads

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6sp W/Euro GTD-LED tails Neuspeed flash + VCDS Mods
I didn't get the impression that this mod adds any power to the car. Just that it makes the delay go away? I'll have to call the company and see what they are doing to the signal exactly.

For what it is, the sprint booster is pretty pricey. You're almost at the cost of a ECU reflash that'll give you better throttle response AND more power :D

stuckinneutral

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Blue Graphite Golf TDI
I didn't get the impression that this mod adds any power to the car. Just that it makes the delay go away? I'll have to call the company and see what they are doing to the signal exactly.
My friend recently got it in his A3 2.0t and he said it just shortens the accelerator travel and the car pulls much more aggressively. I definitely felt a difference and his car was fast to begin with (stage 1 APR). He said you have to be careful in first or you spin your tires easily.

I recommend it as a useful and convenient mod, I can't justify the price (370 CDN) but my friend said he would have gotten it before the chip. I on the other hand will probably go chip first, we need more useable power at higher rpms.

Last edited:

Rutch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI
the sprint booster won't add any power at all, just adjusts the throttle signal to the ECU.

I'm saying you could send a little more than the cost of the sprint booster and instead get an ECU flash that would make more power and should adjust the throttle tables to have better response.

brads

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6sp W/Euro GTD-LED tails Neuspeed flash + VCDS Mods
I have a neuspeed flash already, but back to the original question.
why does my 6sp TDI feel supercharged during a REGEN? can this be recreated? ( I would imagine this regen effect can't be felt in a DSG)

the sprint booster won't add any power at all, just adjusts the throttle signal to the ECU.

I'm saying you could send a little more than the cost of the sprint booster and instead get an ECU flash that would make more power and should adjust the throttle tables to have better response.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Could be the idle is higher during regen so the turbo spools somewhat faster as well as extra fuel is also injected late in the combustion cycle to burn off the DPF providing slightly more fuel as well. Just guessing here though.