AIRBAG Controller and Light

Hobhancock

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 TDI Platinum grey 5 speed
I have read the few posts about the air bag light being on. I responded but it ended up down the list quickley and no responses. I know my problem came from starting the car with the seats out. I know someone with VAGCOM but I am a little concerned about scanning the module. If someone could explain to me where the module is located so I can see if the number is one that will work with VAGCOM. Just unhooking the battery isnt going to work is it? Anyone happen to have any luck getting that light turned off any other way? Thanks everyone. By the way the light is on in the Beetle not the Jetta

Deeem

This has also happenned to my wife on her Sharan recently after a valet. It looks to me like they submerged the connectors under seats in water!!!

The airbag light is causing a fault at the moment but will hook her up to VAG COM later on today to clear the code and see if it works!

Will report back with results!

Damon

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The newest VAG-COM software does not have any issues with SRS controllers, so no need to check the number. Just scan it and clear the DTC if you know you turned the key on with the seats out.

Hobhancock

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 TDI Platinum grey 5 speed
Newest VAGCOM? What is the newest version? I have only the shareware version and it is not the ross tech cable so I am not going to use it. I have some one near that has the full version of VAGCOM but how do I know if his version is the current version? Thanks, I just love this forum.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would also suggest you fork over the money and get the full VAG-COM software and a true licensed Ross-tech cable. Not only is it money well spent, it helps Ross-tech stay in business and stay on top of their industry and keep them doing the outstanding job they do.

Their software is one of the best bargains out there for scan tool software. I am in the auto repair industry and nothing out there comes close to the bang for the buck that VAG-COM offers.

And they offer EXCELLENT tech support to their customers ( I have the $599 pro kit) which you cannot even put a price on.:D

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Will the fault code indicate if this is a wiring problem in the seat or a controller dead or a faulty bag itself?

On a 2000 Jetta, the dealer said the "passenger side needs to be replaced" and I'm not going to bother asking them passegner side "what"? Is there a passenger controller or only a single for the whole front bag system?