Flashing Glow-plug Waring

willafb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI/2015 Golf SE
Anyone have a flashing glow-plug appear? Mine keeps appearing when its 30f or colder, dealership has had it for 4-days.

luke.weiser

TDI
1998 Jetta MK3
Usually blinks because the ecu is injecting too much fuel. Probably a faulty fuel temp sender, which Is inside the HP fuel pump.
If you've heard of the evry mod, it uses the same principle. tricks the ecu into dumping more fuel by sending a faulty fuel temp signal. As soon as the ecu detects the fuel flow, it triggers the same blinking glowplug light.
Id say they probibly pulled the HP fuel pump off to replace the sender, which takes time and, get ready, $$$$$$$

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Anyone have a flashing glow-plug appear? Mine keeps appearing when its 30f or colder, dealership has had it for 4-days.
Good luck and let us know wht they say. I'm surprised you don't know exactly what is wrong if they've had it this long. Call them, ask, they should tell you something more than "still looking". :)

Usually blinks because the ecu is injecting too much fuel. Probably a faulty fuel temp sender, which Is inside the HP fuel pump.
If you've heard of the evry mod, it uses the same principle. tricks the ecu into dumping more fuel by sending a faulty fuel temp signal. As soon as the ecu detects the fuel flow, it triggers the same blinking glowplug light.
Id say they probibly pulled the HP fuel pump off to replace the sender, which takes time and, get ready, $$$$$$$
Should be covered....

willafb

Veteran Member
TDI
No change they are still working it but i have a loaner.. Its got 25K so its all under warranty.

amafrank

TDI
'06 TDi jetta, '09 TDi jetta wagon, 15 TDi GSw
I just picked up a TDi GSW on Tues and the glow plug light came on when we were on the way home. It was about a 2.5 hour drive home....the next day the check engine light came on too. Finally got it into the dealer today and they took about an hour to find a problem with a cylinder pressure sensor on #3. They had to order the part so it will be next week before they get it swapped. They did clear the codes and the lights haven't come back on yet. One code was pO697 and I don't know if there were others. The car hasn't been doing anything funny....just the flashing glow plug light and a solid check engine light.
I finally got to fill the thing up for the first time. Mileage based on real quantity and distance was 37.1. The MFD said 36.9 for the extended figure and 41.2 for the mileage since last fillup.
Frank

Last edited:

willafb

Veteran Member
TDI
When the flashing glow-plug happens to me -my turbo is turned off (No power at all, if i stop and restart car, fault went away and turbo worked normally). I did receive a call on Friday, and they had to replace a valve to fix a vacuum problem. They had a Tech case with VW and that was their tier-3 engineering came up with. They are keeping until Tuesday 12/26/2017, Its only going to be 22F so we will know for sure if this fixed the issue.

Last edited: