Aspherical mirrors on an SEL with blind spot?

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
I hate my SEL because I can't install aspherical mirrors..lol

So what happens if you install them on an SEL with the blind spot monitoring system?
Permanent fault code, or do I simply loose the warning for the blind spot, or worse ?

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Quick question, is the blind spot/lane assist feature an additional option (like the adaptive lighting package) or part of the SEL package on my 2015? I don't think I have the blind spot feature.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Quick question, is the blind spot/lane assist feature an additional option (like the adaptive lighting package) or part of the SEL package on my 2015? I don't think I have the blind spot feature.
If you have the two little cars with one of them projecting a beam logo on your mirror, you have bsm. If your mirrors are plain, you don't.

Although, when I ordered my aspherical set from DAP, they mistakenly sent me the bsm mirrors. So, my car has the logo'ed mirrors but not bsm. :D

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
If you have the two little cars with one of them projecting a beam logo on your mirror, you have bsm. If your mirrors are plain, you don't.

Although, when I ordered my aspherical set from DAP, they mistakenly sent me the bsm mirrors. So, my car has the logo'ed mirrors but not bsm. :D

Nice score !, how can I duplicate that ? ( not serious )

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Question about the aspherical mirrors:

The photo of the lane assist models one have a dashed line, is there a distinct change only at that transition, or do the mirrors "aspherical" all over ?

Thanks

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Question about the aspherical mirrors:

The photo of the lane assist models one have a dashed line, is there a distinct change only at that transition, or do the mirrors "aspherical" all over ?

Thanks
The whole mirror has a larger field of view (i.e. slightly aspherical) and then the area after the line is even more pronounced to act as a blind spot mirror.

Here is a before/after I snapped awhile back on my GTI:

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
The whole mirror has a larger field of view (i.e. slightly aspherical) and then the area after the line is even more pronounced to act as a blind spot mirror.

Here is a before/after I snapped awhile back on my GTI:

Awesome, thanks for the excellent pics, going to get a set for sure !