Quad Beam TDI --- Low Beam & High Beam Together

M

mandrake slink

I've owned pickups in the past and bought "quad beam" kits to enable the low beams to kick on at the same time as the high beams, but when I look at my 2003 Jetta TDI, it seems like they both stay on without a modification, or the high beams are just really bright or something. Could someone clarify for me, does a kit exist to turn the high and low beams on for my model car, or does this already happen as a factory default, or are they the same bulb but different power allotments or something? Need help here please, searching the forums has proved nothing. Thanks all.

TDI-Dev

TDI
03' Jetta TDI
hmm

I have a 03 aswell, I notice that if I flip my high beam switch forward, just high beams are on, if I hold it back (towards me) they are both on..huge differense in brightness

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
This is not a good idea. With the high and low beams on at the same time, too much light is put right in front of the car. That makes it harder to see far away. Also, this will make the bulbs run a lot hotter then they're designed to/

-Jason

Piranha

Veteran Member
TDI
golf 2000 Flash Red
In the golf the high and low beams are in "seperate" lamps, I do not think that this will be an issue.

+ VW do it to "flick" the lights

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
As long as you have separate bulbs it should be ok I think but if you have single bulbs with a dual low/high filament then you shouldn't enable both.

So it could be a good idea if you have a Golf or have swapped the headlights with dual lens ones.

I read that my headlights (they've been swapped) were meant to have both on but I haven't done the mod yet.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The golf and passat, which have separate lamps for high and low beams, already have this. The jetta, which has a dual filament lamp, does not.

-Jason