Suncreen set OEM anyone have it?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Same - got this instead of tint (which I've done on previous vehicles) and like it MUCH better.

Don't rattle around at all, still allow windows to open for extra air flow - nothing not to like.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
Did you get the UK screens yet?
Let me know how they work out.
They are waiting for me in the states ( along with a ton of other goodies ), wont have them until January...but am encouraged by the positive reviews !

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I got those same UK screens about 8months ago - love 'em!

Wish I had gotten them on all my previous cars.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Adding these shades to my 2011 TDI was one of the best investments I made. I bought mine from Windesa, which I *believe* makes them for VW/Audi.

https://www.windesa.com/shop/en/windesa-comfortdrive/sunshade-blinds/
I had the Windesa sun screens in my JSW also. Living in the middle of a desert, they made a huge difference in heat gain. However, they also had a nifty side benefit I didn't even expect. They are great at eliminating the wind "buffeting" you can get opening a rear window while driving. To my surprise, they are not only sun screens, they are wind screens too. When A/C is not required, I would often open the right rear window for ventilation. This caused bad buffeting without the screens. I plan to buy a set for my new car soon and my JSW/GSW ones will be for sale as soon as I get around to putting together a for sale thread.

Have Fun!

Don

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I finally received the OEM VW sunscreen set, but the rear piece does not come close to fitting.

Even though the set is listed as an accessory for a sportwagen, the description ( which I missed ) states "for 4 door vehicles only"

Anyone else run into this problem with the VW set ?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
As I stated above I had the Windesa (Sonniboy) sun screens in my Sportwagen (now for sale). I recently purchased the OEM sunshades for my new Tiguan.
I can safely state that the Windesa shades are considerably better than the OEM VW ones. They look better and they fit better.

Have Fun!

Don

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
What is strange is that the side screens fit perfectly, but the rear screen is 44' long, almost an inch longer than the interior plastic ,not to mention much longer than the rear glass itself.

Can someone confirm that the rear screen is supposed to fit against the glass, and does anyone have a photo of the "OEM" rear screen installed ?

Thanks

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
What is strange is that the side screens fit perfectly, but the rear screen is 44' long, almost an inch longer than the interior plastic ,not to mention much longer than the rear glass itself.

Can someone confirm that the rear screen is supposed to fit against the glass, and does anyone have a photo of the "OEM" rear screen installed ?

Thanks
Here are mine. Fits as expected: