Facebook group

Monty1952

TDI
Touareg TDI
Some of you may be aware that there is a Facebook group dedicated to the settlement issues. If not, take a look at https://www.facebook.com/groups/259945154412938/. It’s not meant in any way to replace this great forum but to perhaps supplement it with settlement specific info. On the 14th November at 6pm they have arranged a webinar for members only hosted by the class action lawyers if it’s of interest. Only requirements to join are ownership of a 3.0 and living in Canada plus good behaviour!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Class action lawyers = Ambulance chasers.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
theres one guy on there complaining that he has to replace the tires he used...to return it for lease contract he signed...unreal.

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
People that never should have owned a diesel are getting out of diesels...this has to be for the best!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
People that enjoy driving a diesel. Not those that bought into diesels because of some perceived economic incentive or because the ads said they were "clean". Not people that complain about the lack of heat or the smelly exhaust, the messy fuel or the noise. Not people that whine about specialized expensive maintenance that they are too helpless to do themselves. And most certainly not people that hate to drive. Those people should buy civics or corollas, they'll be happier.

I like driving diesel cars because of their nature. Economy be damned. I travel a bit and I hate every gas car I rent. I can't wait to get back in a diesel. I like things like readily available torque and good economy in spite of my heavy foot. I can make a Nissan sentra get 15mpg (just proved it in vegas). I can't do that in a diesel. I would honestly drive a diesel if it cost twice as much and burned as much fuel as a gasser (though it never would). I am a diehard diesel driver. I will never drive anything else.
I don't think there are many people like you. :)

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Agree 100%

People that enjoy driving a diesel. Not those that bought into diesels because of some perceived economic incentive or because the ads said they were "clean". Not people that complain about the lack of heat or the smelly exhaust, the messy fuel or the noise. Not people that whine about specialized expensive maintenance that they are too helpless to do themselves. And most certainly not people that hate to drive. Those people should buy civics or corollas, they'll be happier.

I like driving diesel cars because of their nature. Economy be damned. I travel a bit and I hate every gas car I rent. I can't wait to get back in a diesel. I like things like readily available torque and good economy in spite of my heavy foot. I can make a Nissan sentra get 15mpg (just proved it in vegas). I can't do that in a diesel. I would honestly drive a diesel if it cost twice as much and burned as much fuel as a gasser (though it never would). I am a diehard diesel driver. I will never drive anything else.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite

Excellent. For me, it's the torque. I miss the 'reliability' of my Mk IV :)
It no longer makes 'sense' with my shorter commute (maybe I need to hit the highways on the weekends to do some longer drives).

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I've drove less than 10 kms (one way) to work now for over 15 years all of which were powered with a diesel and not relying on a block heater etc..Vw powered 1.6TD,1.9TD and Still my old ALH turd and the odd time my ram/cummins (when the ALH is unhappy).

It makes no sense at all for me to own/daily drive a diesel in most peoples view.Mabye some day I'll drive a gasser or electric vehicle to work however I can't see it just yet.

Last edited: