Hit&Run, need body shop

fatpump

Veteran Member
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would see if anyone has any input.

On Friday morning at about 6:40AM, in one of those mysterious "Everybody Stop" moments on the freeway, some $#@*&$! in a Chrysler rear ended my 2002 Jetta TDI. A year and a day after I bought it.

So I'm looking for advice on body shops in the Socal area. The car is in Corona (91 freeway in Riverside) right now, but any shop that is willing to pick up the car would be great if they can do a good job.

The rest of the story.... Traffic was moving about 45-50, then stops, then the other lanes start to go. People in front of me stop. I stop, the guy behind me slows down, then keeps coming. There are no skidmarks, so I assume he didn't even really try to stop. He knocks me into the PU ahead of me, that PU hits the SUV ahead of him. I pull over, the guy ahead of me pulls over, the guy ahead of him pulls over... and the jackass that hit me takes off..... the other two victims, of course, are oblivious to what has happened. They saw nothing, not even the big car with a smashed up front end taking off down the freeway.

Fortunately, another motorist witnessed the whole thing and called the police with a license number. Unfortunately, while that does give the insurance company someone to go after for the damages, it doesn't really help me or my car all that much.

Enough venting.

Unfortunately, the PU's bumper was higher than the Jetta bumper. Enough taller that my front bumper looks perfect... not a scratch. Unfortunately, everything above it is trashed.

http://www.starpilot.com/~jon/carpics has some pics taken at the scene of the crime, if anyone is curious what having a Chrysler run into the back of your TDI can do. The pictures are fairly big (mostly 2mp shots reduced to width=640 in the HTML), so they take a while to download.

Thanks for any advice,
Jon

Dana Bartholomew

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2000, satin silver
Bummer. My condolences. I know of body shops in the LA/SFValley area, but I know you can find sheetmetal/paint men closer to the inland empire.

Check Mercedesship.com, go to Good mechanics and look/post for good shop in the Inland Empire. You might even check with a VW dealer.

Good Luck.