Oil use

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Got an ALH in a Ford ranger that has now 1,040,000kms on it. Thought this motor was gonna go forever just cause of how good its been the last 5 years.

But alas it is now using oil..about a liter every 500kms which is a liter a day for what I'm doing. Obviosly an obscene amount of usage! And it seemed to almost start within a week. It used oil before but come on its got a mil on it, around a liter every 6000kms. But I just want to know where its going..hahah. Its almost certainly not leaking cause it leaves no drops anywhere. And it dosent smoke..a little on cold start but i think most do that. I'm going to refrain from saying all the stuff I've looked into..and just want anyones and everyones thoughts. Dont worry about sounding "stupid" or whatever just lay it on.

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
I have checked the compressor side..and there is a little in there but nothing alarming. Mine is plumbed different than factory tho. My intercooler is not the low spot..the out let pipe is. But pushing a liter through the turbo a day I figure I'd see mad smoke.
I havent checked the hot side because I know first hand how much smoke come out the exhaust if it dumps oil out there. And nothing smoke wise