for sale 03 jetta TDI wagon

wncre8r

TDI
I am selling my '03 tdi wagon which we bought from my sister in law who purchased it new in German while in service. It is a 5 speed manual with sunroof, leather interior and cruise and radio on the wheel, alloy wheels and cd player. Probably other stuff i cant think of right now but no fog lights. 201K miles so timing belt would need changing. 48mpg around town 50+ Highway
$9K Car is in Mt Airy, MD text me at 301 518-4806 great condition, a little rust on the fender well.

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Is this priced in pesos?

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
Man, you guys are rough. Keep in mind if he sells it for more than you think it's worth, that helps all of us...

wncre8r

TDI
Yes a little rust at the top of the fender. Of course this happens after the rust through warranty is through and a TB replacement runs: with a water pump and assembled parts: $670 for an ALH engine. Just had one done.
What would you price it for. I have 2 of them the other is cloth seats without the power on the column and has headliner issues (sagging)
I really don't appreciate the sarcasm I have been a multiple TDI owner for years. Just haven't been that active on this board.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Like Tony says, research first!

You came in here firing away, listing something that's even over-the-top of the insane prices folks here in the PNW are asking. Here's a 2003 wagon with 196k, 5spd, from a dealer, even!, new TB (yeah, depends on who did it) $6k:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/2003-vw-jetta-tdi-wagon-gls-5/6268863379.html

It ain't as simple as just replacing fenders. My body guy quoted me $300 to paint the front of the daughter's wagon: I have a replacement fender (yup, lip rust) and would be doing the labor, that's probably a good $300 there, for a total of about $600. Add in a TB job and you're nearing $1,500.

If I were to take an ice pick to this wagon's front rockers I'm wondering whether it would go through. If so, that's going to cost a good $1,500 to $2,000 more to repair (assuming you can find someone to do it): I'm familiar with all of this given that I just had this work done on my Golf (Minnesota car).

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Man, you guys are rough. Keep in mind if he sells it for more than you think it's worth, that helps all of us...
I would disagree. High selling price does not help. I wish these things were far less popular. I plan to run my ALH Golf into the ground, and part with it when it is worth only a liddle bit.

However, another MD car( a JSW ) needing a clutch just went for !/3 of the asking, and it had ~20k less miles( though it was a BEW ). If I had found it a day earlier, it would have been mine...LOL
cheers,
Douglas

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Wagons with some rust around here are in the $2,500 - $4000 range, depending on condition. You can find higher mileage Golfs and Jettas for $800-$1,500 if you look around.

Alhs are wonderful cars, but they're old. And bringing them back to snuff can cost money, which discourages a lot of buyers. Deals are out there.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
A friend here in Baltimore just bought an '05 Jetta Wagon with only 75K miles on the clock for $7,500...

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The market will pay what the market will pay.

OP - you need a better ad. If you are going to stick with your premium asking price, the ad needs multiple pictures, more detail etc. to justify the price you are asking.

You are pitching to an (TDI-wise) overly educated group of consumers here. TDI clubbers know these cars, know pricing, even down to a regional level.

The sarcasm is a product of your high-premium asking price without any further detail on condition to justify it. Asking $9k for a car with 201k miles and rust is almost insulting... if there is no other justification.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Just purchased a one owner 2005 wagon, automatic, all maintenance done, no rust, two small door dents that you need to look hard to see and needing only a wash, with extras ( Malone Stage 1, air bagged rears, trailer hitch, upgraded stereo, extra set of 4 mounted snow tires, oil, manual) with 134K miles for $6,200 in the PNW.

Last edited:

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
The market will pay what the market will pay.

OP - you need a better ad. If you are going to stick with your premium asking price, the ad needs multiple pictures, more detail etc. to justify the price you are asking.

You are pitching to an (TDI-wise) overly educated group of consumers here. TDI clubbers know these cars, know pricing, even down to a regional level.

The sarcasm is a product of your high-premium asking price without any further detail on condition to justify it. Asking $9k for a car with 201k miles and rust is almost insulting... if there is no other justification.
This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. Every word is perfect and sums up the forum perfectly...especially the part in bold. :) You need a better ad and a lower price since it has rust. ...unless it's a magazine cover car with rust. :p

leox037

TDI
03 VW Jetta GLS TDi Wagon w/5-speed Manual Transmission - Reflex Silver // 06 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB LBZ Duramax Diesel w/6-speed Automatic Allison Transmission - Silver Birch

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tell me about it. Made me jump on it reeeeaaaal quick! Now, it's mine. :D:cool:
Good to hear! Now you are in charge of keeping it at that high level!:D