question about auto to manual soft coding.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
I'm using VCDS-lite with a 3rd party interface. VCDS saying my soft coding is 00002. From what I understand from the swap guide I should be changing an initial value of 001 to 002. Is it possible my ecu readjusted on its own? According to service records this car did have immobolizer issues at one point, and it says the ECU was replaced and there is a brand new key, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

Not getting any codes when I turn the key to the on position, although I didn't start it. I don't want to jack anything up literally at the last step so I figured better safe than sorry and ask you folks about this.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
so I fired it up and well this is bizarre. without recoding the ecu no CEL or fault codes... and the light does turn on when in the on position so it appears operable. haven't put the wheels to the ground yet to test cruise but the clutch switches and all that work.

is it possible when last owner had the immobolizer issue that they installed a 5spd ecu without soft coding it? and this led to his transmission issues? lol is it possible that the auto tranny wasnt bad in the first place?

and this is supposed to be from a garage that specializes in these cars in my area.

w_t_f?