AC Problem

Alexjcr

TDI
2011 JSW 6-speed Manual
I’ve recently bought a MK6 JSW and while it’s in great mechanical condition, I’ve noticed in the past few days that the temperature knob is a little finicky. I’m sure the problem isn’t the knob but the temperature that I select doesn’t seem to match with the air temperature coming out of the vents. At least it does blow cold air, almost too much. About 3/4 of the range of the knob’s movement makes it blow cold air. I am in Florida, so outside cold weather isn’t a factor here. This is regardless of whether the air recirculation is on or off. I’m sure a sensor is bad somewhere in the AC system. I don’t know much about AC. Any of the AC gurus might suggest where to look for problems. Thank you all!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I am to assume that this is only when the AC is on, and not also applicable with ambient air mixed with heat?

Alexjcr

TDI
2011 JSW 6-speed Manual
I am to assume that this is only when the AC is on, and not also applicable with ambient air mixed with heat?
No, it happens regardless of the AC or recycling feature being on or off. I’ve been searching on google and apparently it can something called the “heater control valve”.
Any other inputs will be very much appreciated!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I do know quite a bit about HVAC but im not very knowledgeable for this car and how it controls the damper/blend door and what not. What i can tell you is that its defiantly NOT an issue with your heater core or AC components. It seems like its like you said, about the control of it.
You would be much better off posting this in the appropriate forums. Post this here http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25