www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old December 31st, 2018, 10:02   #16
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38mix / 47@70-75

Ah, okay, makes sense. Definitely wait then, and as said by vwztips you'll likely need to clear the loader and start over with it. You should be able to pull the files and reload it with Matt's help.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk
'02 1.8t Jetta Wagon Alh w/5spd swap, SB 21#SM DD, bew lift pump, 11mm IP, VNT17, Malone stage4 tune, Stealth pipe, BMW Cyclonic CCV filter, 2.5"cat back st. pipe,Vr6 brakes, 2" lift, Panzer, Bilstein HD, fill tube ectomy, soon to be Bosio DLC 1020's PD_fuel_delivery TDI Search Plug release tool Howto terminal release tools VW/Audi
eddieleephd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2018, 10:03   #17
superhl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwztips View Post
Do you have the software to download the EEN file to your PC? You will need this to download both files. Then clear the loader. You will then have to pick the ECU you are workubg with and load that program. Next read the ECU. Then load EEN program via PC, then load to ECU.
I don't have the software to download the EEN file. Maybe that is what I am missing. Matt is probably on vacation. He just told me to wait until the loader arrives but no instructions came with it so I am completely lost.
superhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2018, 10:05   #18
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

The software is downloadable, the VIN being locked and not the same is the issue. Programming is on the loader already, he'll got you set-up when he gets back.

'02 1.8t Jetta Wagon Alh w/5spd swap, SB 21#SM DD, bew lift pump, 11mm IP, VNT17, Malone stage4 tune, Stealth pipe, BMW Cyclonic CCV filter, 2.5"cat back st. pipe,Vr6 brakes, 2" lift, Panzer, Bilstein HD, fill tube ectomy, soon to be Bosio DLC 1020's PD_fuel_delivery TDI Search Plug release tool Howto terminal release tools VW/Audi
Old January 15th, 2019, 20:54   #19
superhl
Veteran Member

I received the download from Matt. Erased the loader and installed new software. Capture the config file and sent to Matt. Mean while, I am driving home and noticed the IP not as noisy as previously. Engine was running perfect. Late that evening, I made some changes to wiring on my heater and the next morning, truck was hard starting. Once started, lots of white smoke with a heavy smell of diesel. I check the timing and it appears graph off the wall. I set the timing again and moved counter clockwise gave it pretty good bump. Still off the chart. Could the belt jumped a tooth.

Last edited by superhl; January 15th, 2019 at 21:12.
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:02   #20
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

Absolutely. Have to check that manually, otherwise it's just speculation.

Old February 4th, 2019, 11:49   #21
superhl
Veteran Member

I received the tuner program a couple of weeks ago, it resolved the starting issues. However, while driving and testing just as I was arriving home, it overheated. It was pushing water out of the radiator. I removed the bottom radiator that connects to the Thermostat, no water was circulating. After researching, I thought it must be the thermostat or water pump. I replaced them and replaced timing belt. Put it back together, but have not driven yet. I noticed when I fill the expansion tanks(fish bowl) to level, my radiator over flows. The bottom outlet on the fish bowl, is connected to the outlet next to the thermostat? I put a level on the fish bowl and radiator thinking I may have it too high but not sure how much lower it should be than the top radiator outlet. The temp was averaging around 140 before overheating.
1. Could it be my head gasket
2. It there a better way to gauge the temperature? Currently have sensor installed between hose that connects to top radiator. Should i purchase a Scangauge?
3. How is the best way to test for head gasket blown.

Thanks

Last edited by superhl; February 4th, 2019 at 11:51.