class action suit

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I hate that Canadian lawfirms are become the same as the ambulance-chasing scumbags I see in the U.S.

1-800-CAS-HGRA(B)

:(

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Yup, just a matter of time before treehuggers start claiming that they bought their diesels because they were clean. Nobody buys it for that, they all want the MPG and nothing more.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
As someone mentioned before, most people buy a Diesel for the much better mileage they get.
Who in their right mind would want to have the ECU changed to produce worse mileage ? :confused:
Just sayin'

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
As someone mentioned before, most people buy a Diesel for the much better mileage they get.
Who in their right mind would want to have the ECU changed to produce worse mileage ? :confused:
Just sayin'
what I don't get is that when I drive in the US I get MUCH better fuel economy than when driving (the same style) in Canada. we're talking 20%

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Just sayin'
Just make anyone on the class action suite prove they had the recall done! If it makes worse fuel mileage that will teach them!

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Just sayin'
I bought mine for torque. Torque is nice. Quite a change from an 8000rpm VTec...

Oh, and would you look at that.. it gets awesome mileage too? Nice.

And the seats.. 36hr days a breeze.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
what I don't get is that when I drive in the US I get MUCH better fuel economy than when driving (the same style) in Canada. we're talking 20%
Fred, exactly my point in another post. I drive about 3,000 km every fall through the USA and in the spring back home. As yourself, my mileage is always better than I get in Canada.

It must be the worse or bad Diesel they have in the USA as some people on this board purport it to be:D

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fred, exactly my point in another post. I drive about 3,000 km every fall through the USA and in the spring back home. As yourself, my mileage is always better than I get in Canada.

It must be the worse or bad Diesel they have in the USA as some people on this board purport it to be:D

it's all BS. I think the people blaming their engine failures always point to poor fuel, which I suspect gasoline IS for diesel engines :D

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I certainly didn't buy mine for the environment. I wanted fewer trips to the gas station. HATE pumping gas, especially in the winter. And I like my turbo.

What I will not accept is a recall tune that lowers my MPG, which is already a disappointment, or which decreases my power.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I certainly didn't buy mine for the environment. I wanted fewer trips to the gas station. HATE pumping gas, especially in the winter. And I like my turbo.

What I will not accept is a recall tune that lowers my MPG, which is already a disappointment, or which decreases my power.
if I HAVE to go for a recall AND it diminishes power and/or fuel economy you can bet I will delete the DPF and go full on Malone Stage 2 and a Rawtek, like Savageman did with his.

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Keep telling yourselves that diesel in the usa is as good as ours, and then look at how many cars have shat a hpfp in the usa compared to Canada.

Lubricity however, would have nothing to do with mileage.
Jetta Pilot however still doesn't understand that none of this has ANYTHING to do with his 2002 though. :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I hate that Canadian lawfirms are become the same as the ambulance-chasing scumbags I see in the U.S.

1-800-CAS-HGRA(B)

:(
If anyone participates in a class action suit in Canada they're just rewarding the scumbag behavior.

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
I notice that a lot of the people who are saying that it isn't a big deal don't actually own one of the affected engines. NOx emissions are one of the largest contributors to urban smog and ground-level ozone which is why they are tightly regulated. As an owner of one of these cars, I cannot say that I was happy to learn of the issue and I am waiting to hear what the fix will be.

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I notice that a lot of the people who are saying that it isn't a big deal don't actually own one of the affected engines. NOx emissions are one of the largest contributors to urban smog and ground-level ozone which is why they are tightly regulated. As an owner of one of these cars, I cannot say that I was happy to learn of the issue and I am waiting to hear what the fix will be.
I have one of these cars and I don't think it is a big deal. If I had wanted I could still be driving my old 94 diesel, which spewed black smoke like nobody's business :), sometimes I wish I still had it. The car I have is definitely a clean diesel when compared to the one I had.

redlinedave

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta wagon
On another note, when is a good time to start buying VW shares? ;)

I was thinking the same thought, i might wait awhile longer to pull the trigger,
see what happens in the next week or two.

i stupidly didnt buy ford stocks a $1 each just after the bail out, dooh!

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Keep telling yourselves that diesel in the usa is as good as ours, and then look at how many cars have shat a hpfp in the usa compared to Canada.

Jetta Pilot however still doesn't understand that none of this has ANYTHING to do with his 2002 though. :D
I **** when i read about this on club Tuareg. Not a cheap repair if it happens.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI

some of those failures IS gasoline put in the diesel tank.