Diesel-Mate - All Seasons by Certified Labs

rob_2610

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.9 TDI
Curious if anyone has tried this fuel additive (or others) and seen any real improvement. The Certified Labs sales guy is trying to get our company to use it for our fleet of tractor trailers and gave me enough to treat 250 gallons. Going to give it a shot - nothing to lose except potentially clogging my fuel filter. I've been tracking my mileage for a year now, so have a good baseline.

They claim up to 7.5% increase in fuel mileage and 15% cetane increase.

http://diesel-mate.com/additive-package-and-specification-data.html

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Likely you won’t see an increase, but since you’ve been given the additive anyway it’s certainly worth a try. Cold in my opinion is the biggest mileage killer. The engine takes longer to reach operating temperature and because of that is less efficient.

Keep this thread updated with your results, the salesman at least seems to have confidence in it if he’s giving it away.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Snake oil!
Just like the official Mpg posted on cars at the dealer.
Those figures are obtained in a closed environment, air conditioned, no head wind etc. Also only the powered wheels are on a dynometer at no more than 50 Mph!

You can put anything on paper!