New injector for my 1998 Jetta TDI w/ 177K miles

fortec

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
I have read that injectors wears out and new ones are needed for performance. My 98 Jetta Tdi has about 177K miles on them. I am getting between 40-44mpg driving 50/50 city/hwy.

Do you think I need new injectors? I was told with the new injector such as the Sprint 520 (~$210) I can do better on the mpg.

With the new injectors, do I have to Vag-com the car with the new settings?

Do I have to chip my TDI to make it worth the while with the new injectors?

Thanks for helping,

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
The sprints are basically the EURO 110hp version of the TDI. You can install them and drive away. I'd suggest sending your injectors to DBW to get the new nozzles installed and balanced perfectly.

I have gotten the best milage to date with my PP764s and RC3 tune. As long as I drive normally the milage increases with the mods. 53mpg is my average, stock was around 48mpg.

fortec

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
greenskeeper said:
The sprints are basically the EURO 110hp version of the TDI. You can install them and drive away. I'd suggest sending your injectors to DBW to get the new nozzles installed and balanced perfectly.

I have gotten the best milage to date with my PP764s and RC3 tune. As long as I drive normally the milage increases with the mods. 53mpg is my average, stock was around 48mpg.
I am sorry, but what is "DBW". I also plan to buy the new chips for my ecu. Is this all I need?

Thanks,