Recommendation for a Good TDI Mechanic in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx. Area?

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
My mother needs to have the timing belt replaced on her 2000 Jetta TDI and is in Cleburne, Tx, which is about 75 miles southwest of the Dallas Ft. Worth Texas area. Does anyone have suggestions for a good mechanic or dealership that can do this and replace all the one-time use items/fastners that need to be done with this job?

Thanks.

--Nate

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
PDJetta said:
My mother needs to have the timing belt replaced on her 2000 Jetta TDI and is in Cleburne, Tx, which is about 75 miles southwest of the Dallas Ft. Worth Texas area. Does anyone have suggestions for a good mechanic or dealership that can do this and replace all the one-time use items/fastners that need to be done with this job?
www.runonbeer.com

There have been a number of threads regarding DFW dealerships. Some are terrible, others merely mediocre. Even if you found a good one, it would cost much more than if your mom takes a drive down to Austin.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Thanks Paramedick and TornadoRed. I'll pass this along to my mom and try to convince her to go to Austin.

--Nate

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
PDJetta said:
Thanks Paramedick and TornadoRed. I'll pass this along to my mom and try to convince her to go to Austin.

--Nate
It's a once-every-100k-mile thing. I'm not suggesting she drive half-way across Texas to get an oil change, or anything like that.