www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 16:13   #31
romad
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Morg View Post
There's no such thing as an e code HID. The e code is the layout of the light cutoff. E codes are a great upgrade form stock, me personally I'm going to HIDs. I ordered a set from Midwest Lighting, they showed up Friday. I'll most likely be installing them tomorrow, and I'll upload photos as I go.

As for plastic lense fogging up, there's this UV protectant called 303 aerospace. One application every three months keeps them from yellowing out. I almost went with the glass upgrade, but was worried about breaking. Plastic can be sanded and polished up. Glass you have to replace.

Does this 303 product work on heavily scratched lenses also?

The fleet:
2005 Jetta Wagon "Cranberry" (bought July 2011)
2004 Toyota Prius (bought August 2004)
1990 Mazda Miata (bought July 1989)
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 17:35   #32
John-TDI

I would recommend VX Tuning i just got my lights in on Friday sadly the install will have to wait till my cluster and keys get back from Matt at Cluster by Litke.

John-TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 18:04   #33
romad
Veteran Member

John, I'm guessing the dual turns option does away with the fog light?

The fleet:
2005 Jetta Wagon "Cranberry" (bought July 2011)
2004 Toyota Prius (bought August 2004)
1990 Mazda Miata (bought July 1989)
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 17:55   #34
John-TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
John, I'm guessing the dual turns option does away with the fog light?

Yes it does, i added fogs already. These come LED fog though.
John-TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 22:42   #35
benmarks

I second the recommendation for VXTuning. I have the "bi-xenon" headlights that look to the untrained eye like OEM HID's. The main difference is a bigger projector. They are different than the ones posted above which are the "retrofit" style. However, it looks like they are out of stock. When I purchased them, the options existed for glass or plastic lenses and various VXTuning or Morimoto add-ons, making the kit plug and play. VXTuning is about to release a "quad-xenon" option that replaces the high beams too, so that might be why the "bi-xenon" option is unavailable. They come with leveling motors and wire up to the OEM dimmer/leveling switch easily. I also bought the ECS fog kit but replaced the lights with Morimoto "universal" fogs that temperature-match the VXTuning HID's (they're both 5500K.) You can't tell in the photo though because I put yellow Lamin-X on them. For the fogs, you have to expand the bolt hole in the metal ears of the bumper inserts that come with the kit, but otherwise they fit perfectly. I plan on purchasing the quads from VXTuning as soon as they are released. If you want not just HID's but an OEM HID look, the bi-xenons (if they come back in stock) might be the best option. In some ways, they may even be superior. The projectors are 2.5 inches instead of 1.75 inches on the OEM version.
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror

Last edited by benmarks; February 4th, 2019 at 23:16.
benmarks is online now   Reply With Quote