00 Jetta TDI GLS 5sd Rebuilt Salvage Title

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
00 Jetta TDI GLS 5sd Rebuilt Salvage Title - OH

SOLD!

00 Jetta TDI GLS 5sd Sedan
280,000 miles and it will slowly go up, as I DD it.

Title: Rebuilt Salvage Title in hand and in my name.

VERY light front end wreck. I did all the work fixing it.
I cut and welded the front 6" of the drivers side frame horn. Everything fits just as it should. I have pictures of the before/during/after the fix. I have all receipts from the fix. I replaced the core support, radiator, bumper padding, bumper reinforcement, bumper skin with a cheapo Chinese one (fits good but is still black plastic, not painted black), and various plastics and other little stuff.

Exterior: Black exterior in fair to OK condition. Rust in typical mk4 places, not really dented, not scratched a ton, just paint chips and surface rust.
An H&R cup kit was on the car when I bought it.

Interior: Tan interior with non-stock black cloth seats, Moonroof, and arm rest with the AArodriguez upgraded latch.

Maintenance history: I have a folder full of a pile of receipts about 1" thick from the previous owner(s) that I have been slowly adding to.

All parts below were purchased recently from IDparts and installed by me.
New wheel bearings
New ball joints
New OEM A-arm bushings
New Alignment

Please email Danish8999 AT yahoo DOT com

KBB Private Party Excellent: .....$3,447
KBB Private Party Very Good: ...$3,172
KBB Private Party Good: ..........$3,072
KBB Private Party Fair: ............$2,597

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
I've realized that I just simply do not have the time to remove all the mods from this car as other projects are of a higher priority.

As it currently sits with the full Kerma 150hp kit with Qloader, 3bar MAP, etc., Eurojet upgraded SMIC, SB st2 daily clutch w/ SMF, steelies with Dunlop all seasons with good tread, blk GTI Sport Cloth seats in excellent condition.

It has developed a squishy brake issue, I've replaced/flushed all fluid, I've ran the ABS pump to get possible air out of it, they have improved, but are still squishy. Therefore if purchased, it should probably be towed/trailered away.

2014_1110 Price Drop: $3500
Option 1: one-season-old General winters on brand new steelies, make offer if interested in General winters.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Salvage + high mileage= less than trade value in my experience even with lots of repairs made. Plus we have to tow it home? Pm me when u really wana sell this.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Kermas 150hp kit for an ALH with southbend stage 2 daily retails for $2655 right now.

So it's priced at $1000 over the cost of this kit.

If i was looking for this, i personally think this is a pretty decent deal, even needing some work.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Before buying this car, call your insurance company with the VIN and see if they will insure it and at what rates and levels.

Bill

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
This car was no issue to insure.
It is a salvaged title, and it has insurance on it now.
Not sure why it's being suggested as otherwise.

dan kerkstra

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi Jetta 2002 jetta 5spd 2004 Jetta 5spd
If insurence co. refuse or want to change the rate or lower the pay out if in an accident find a new insurence co because that BS.

onlyn8v

Veteran Member
In my state (NY) any previous out of state salvage title needs to be inspected by DMV. It typically takes two months to get an appointment and they will check all items with VIN. If the tag is missing, or shows the tag of a stolen VIN, they will take the item (doesnt matter if it had nothing to do with the accident) and you will not get a title or the ability to drive it.

A salvage title may not sound like a big deal, and in some states it is not. However, people should know how their state feels about registering a previously salvage titled vehicle.

In my opinion, part the car. It will cause you less headaches and will get you more money.

04wagontdi

TDI
2004 jetta wagon tdi 2006 jetta dsg
I seen the car in person. For 280k body is in good shape Motor sounds great. For the price you can't beat it.