1981 VW Rabbit Pickup Truck Caddy Diesel 5 Sp 212K Mi Clean VGC

obxexile

TDI
1981 Rabbit Caddy Pickup
SOLD! IT IS SOLD! THANKS!

I'm a new member who joined to help my dad sell his Caddy. I don't have a VW now, but my first car (at 14!
) was a Baja Beetle, then a '68 Ghia at 16, then a '74 Ghia, and in the early 2000's I had 2 Jettas, a used '97 and an '01 VR6 I bought new (2 tickets in first 2 months!
). That's a little about me, and you'll read more about my dad below. PS - I owe all my VW 'pedigree' to him, except the Jettas. And I want another KG someday

So here's the scoop:

1981 VW Rabbit Pickup Truck Caddy Diesel 5 Sp 212K Mi Clean Volkswagen VGC

I'm listing this for my dad who doesn't 'do' computers or internet. He is retired and likes to buy old cars, fix them up, drive them for a bit, then sell them and get another one. I don't have any info on it other than what is listed, so please direct any questions to him at the phone # shown below. Thanks.

This is a nice old Rabbit Caddy Pickup. It is sound both mechanically and structurally and doesn't appear to have any past damage. There is no structural rust but there is some light surface rust in the bed (see pics).

He had the shift linkage adjusted, which is apparently a common sometime issue w these.

Tires are good, everything works, and it's clean inside and out.

Includes a nice Pioneer CD/MP3 stereo w detachable faceplate and a remote.

There are attractive aftermarket seatcovers on the seats; not sure what the seats look like under the covers.

Good headliner, dash, door panels, etc. No cracks or fading evident in interior.

Paint looks good w a tasteful pinstripe on the side. Not sure if paint is original but it looks good.

Right front lug nut cover / hubcap is missing.

Has a trailer hitch, not sure what size ball.

Includes a nice (and probably pricey) service manual that covers diesel VW's from '77-'84.

I'll try to get some pics of the engine and under the hood. Sorry I don't have any yet.

You are welcome to come see/drive it anytime. He is located in Ellerbe, NC, which is near Rockingham, about 90 minutes east of Charlotte.

He will only accept cash as payment, paid in full at time of pickup.

Please call him w any questions at 704 985 2435, ask for John.

Thanks!

PS2 - The VIN is 1V1KG0178BV038472

Thanks.

Photo link: http://s734.photobucket.com/user/Car...?sort=2&page=1

If you need more pics please email me; for q's about truck, please call my dad. Thanks!

Last edited:

obxexile

TDI
1981 Rabbit Caddy Pickup
PS - Feel free to leave us any comments on pricing; I'm a newbie here and neither he nor I know much about a Caddy's (caddies?) value.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
PS - Feel free to leave us any comments on pricing; I'm a newbie here and neither he nor I know much about a Caddy's (caddies?) value.
I am having vision problems, so maybe I miss a price? Did see the part about cash sale only but nothing else I could see.

How long has your dad had it? Is the title in your dad's name or in someone else's name? I'll take a look at the picture on a big screen. Looking for a straight Caddy project. Also looking at a stretch cab Caddy in need of quite a bit, but sound body.

obxexile

TDI
1981 Rabbit Caddy Pickup
Hi John, Sorry for the delay - I didn't get a notice about your message.

The Caddy sold today. Thanks for your interest.

John

obxexile

TDI
1981 Rabbit Caddy Pickup
SOLD! Pleae do not reply as Caddy sold today. Thanks!

Caddy is SOLD!

I'll try to delete if I can find how.

Thanks!