r32 grille vs. kamei grille vs. stock grille

brando06

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf Tdi Silver
Anyone have any opinions?? Not only do i think it's obviously personal preference, but price comes into play as well. The Kamei looks great on MKiv's, but then again the R32 is half the price of the Kamei. Let me know what you all think??

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Why not try something like painting the stock grille? I painted mine black (silver Jetta) and it looks great! I've also got an all-red TDI grille badge that I made so it looks pretty factory.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
brando06 said:
Oh and ed do you have a pic of your grill painted black, i would love to see it!! What kind of paint did you use?>?
This is essentially what my car looks like, except I've installed OEM HID's as well. Unfortunately all my pics are on another laptop which I don't have with me right now, but I think you get a pretty good idea of how it looks. As for the paint, I originally removed the grille, scuffed it up with some sandpaper and painted it with a can of flat-black bumper spray paint. I've had the car repainted since then, so it's been professionally done, but it's pretty easy to do yourself.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
whatever floats your boat. The Kamei is not that bad.

I prefer to keep the VW badge up front-- so I would go Oettinger Sport or regular (without the duct)