Need ARP differential hardware for later 02J

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I'm putting together 2 broken 02J transmissions - same EUH code. One from my 04 Jetta (diff let go) and one from a 05 Golf TDI (5th gear stripped).

I figured while I had it apart, I'd upgrade the rivets in the diff to ARP since a rivet that broke it what trashed my trans.

I knew there were 2 different diffs in 04 and by comparison, knew that the two I had were different. Not a problem... Everywhere I searched showed one ARP part (204-3002)for all 02Js but now that I have one rivet out, the bolts are too small. The 05 diff looks to have a 12.5mm "hole" (old rivets measure close to 13). The ARPs are 11 at the shank, just under 12 at the thickest point - they drop right in.

I looked around and only found mention of people using lug studs off of a Toyota or similar. Anyone have better information?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Give IDparts a call, they sell the ARP kit for them.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Give IDparts a call, they sell the ARP kit for them.
They and the others I’ve checked have the wrong info listed (show 99-06 mkiv). I contacted ARP who let me know that they do not have a product to fit the late mkiv 02j transmission.

Each place I’ve checked has two listings for and LSD early/late with the later coming with hardware. I’m going to contact wavetrack to see what hardware they use. Maybe I can buy some. Didn’t really want to buy an LSD right now.

Kinda screwed having the rivets drilled out.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Latest info from kerma: Currently both ARP and Peloquin both thread the ring gear flange to accept a more generic ARP fastener which they supply.

Crap :(