Red Dyed Diesel. (My question does not violate terms)

utoypia

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium TDI
A friend of mine uses a TDI as an off highway farm vehicle on his farm only. He uses red dyed diesel. Will that harm his system?

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
No issues at all.

Actually during the hurricane evacuation a few years ago, Florida ran low on available diesel and the Governor allowed people to use dyed on the road if they had it available. Not sure how many may have done this.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
What is amazing is EVs don't pay any road tax and are given a green light be we have to pay extra taxes because diesel is taxed more.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
What is amazing is EVs don't pay any road tax and are given a green light be we have to pay extra taxes because diesel is taxed more.
Depends on where you live. In my state plug-in vehicles now have an added tax on the license tab renewal, on top of a hybrid fee. By most calculations the fee exceeds what the typical owner would have paid in fuel taxes.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
in states where there is mandated biodiesel blending, the off road fuel usually is normal petro-diesel
so there is one up-side even to running it

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
One huge downside though if caught running it.
Don't go bringing criminals into this discussion, just read the OP and you'll see it's an off-road vehicle

no different than a generator/compressor/pump/tractor/sawmill tdi swap

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
My Kubota usually gets the off road stuff. The state police haven't dipped it's tank yet, lol.