Volkswagen Delivers All-New 2012 Passat to First U.S. Customer

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
Well thats great and good for Mr. Duchesne I hope he enjoys his car, trip and goody bag but what did they do with the 9,999 other cars they have produced so far?
I understand there are 600 VW dealers so if they produced 10,000 car each dealer should have 16 cars +/-. So where are they hiding them? And where is mine?
Has anyone seen any on the dealers lots?

rhpot1991

TDI
2012 Passat
Well thats great and good for Mr. Duchesne I hope he enjoys his car, trip and goody bag but what did they do with the 9,999 other cars they have produced so far?
I understand there are 600 VW dealers so if they produced 10,000 car each dealer should have 16 cars +/-. So where are they hiding them? And where is mine?
Has anyone seen any on the dealers lots?
Agreed, my pre-order still hasn't even started to be built yet, not happy.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I drove by a VW dealer here in Atlanta and saw a couple 2012 Passats out front, I believe one was a TDI.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Interesting the first delivery is San Jose, CA. I would have expected the first delivery to be in Alaska.:rolleyes:

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope for everyone's sake it's no longer a problem, and that the new to tdi owners will not put gasoline in their tanks.
There is a tdi passat for sale in ABQ;
http://www.newmexicovw.com/VehicleD...DSG_TDI_SEL_Premium-Albuquerque-NM/1225326343

I am pretty sure the car shown in the NM ad is the demo car and they are using it as intended to get their allotment presold when it arrives. I understand every dealer received a black TDI SEL and a gray gas car. I was told the dealers are not allowed to sell these demo's until December.r

AstroEng

TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Golf TDI (Sold)
Yeah, that's the demo unit. They mentioned the December release date for the demo units when I test drove it.

Glad to see #1 has been delivered. Now a date for my Midnight Blue SE TDI...

:D

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
My local dealer has one in stock, a black TDI SEL. MSRP is over ~$32k. It's a very sharp car. They put dealer plates on it.

I stopped in after the dealer was closed (because I hate the way salesmen act like sharks circling the kill) and let my wife look at it. She loved it. So when we're ready to dump her Camry...

:)

rhpot1991

TDI
2012 Passat
My local dealer has one in stock, a black TDI SEL. MSRP is over ~$32k. It's a very sharp car. They put dealer plates on it.

I stopped in after the dealer was closed (because I hate the way salesmen act like sharks circling the kill) and let my wife look at it. She loved it. So when we're ready to dump her Camry...

:)
That sounds like the demo unit, which will not be available until December.

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
I had a message on my machine when I returned home today. My VW dealer called and my 2012 Passat TDI SEL will be delivered Monday September 19th and I could pick it up Tuesday September 20th...Good news I think. I will miss my 2009 JSW TDI. It has been a truly great car for the last now 83,000 miles. This Passat will have a tough act to follow

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
I had a message on my machine when I returned home today. My VW dealer called and my 2012 Passat TDI SEL will be delivered Monday September 19th and I could pick it up Tuesday September 20th...Good news I think. I will miss my 2009 JSW TDI. It has been a truly great car for the last now 83,000 miles. This Passat will have a tough act to follow
What color combos did you order?

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
What color combos did you order?
Black on Black. I had wanted a black with tan interior (same as my JSW) but this one was in the pipeline and my dealer was able to trade of a gray one he had coming. I think I will be happy with the black interior, the new tan is much lighter than the tan on the 2009.
Car should be in today and I should pick it tomorrow.
I'll post some feed back once I get it.

wutbürger

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 CW Golf 4dr 6mt
Black on Black. I had wanted a black with tan interior (same as my JSW) but this one was in the pipeline and my dealer was able to trade of a gray one he had coming. I think I will be happy with the black interior, the new tan is much lighter than the tan on the 2009.
Car should be in today and I should pick it tomorrow.
I'll post some feed back once I get it.
I think you made a solid choice with black- the new tan is too light and just looks...oldsmobile-esque for whatever reason. I LOVE black on tan, tried to like it, but I much prefer the black interior in this car

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Black on black is a no go for places that get 99% sunshine days like where I live...
I ordered Black/Black and we get a lot of sun. The remote start feature will help cool things down since it works from about 50 yards away.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
that or added tint will help too

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
i ordered Platinum Gray with Moonrock leather interior... going to get tinted as soon as i get it.
should be in 10/18ish.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
I ordered Black/Black and we get a lot of sun. The remote start feature will help cool things down since it works from about 50 yards away.
Leaving the windows cracked and sunroof tilted open and using sunshades under the windshield also helps alot.

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
Windows will be tinted as soon as I can get it done. My black JSW windows were tinted, I like the look as well as the protection. I have had a black Mercury Marauder in Florida and the heat issue was never a problem but lighter is better in the south Also installation of the Valentine. Dealer called today and car did not show up! Will know more tomorrow