2015 Gold Sportwagen

Charlotte Fox

TDI
06 beetle
Buying a 2015 Golf Sportwagen (haven't pick it up yet)with 10,000 miles and the TDI recall has not been done and I plan on keeping it that way.
I have been driving TDI's for about 15 years. Just bought the wife a 2013 A3 and my son bought a 2012 Jetta sportwagen both TDI's.. Got rid of the two 2003 Jetta wagons and a 2005 Beetle, all TDI's. So with this new 2015 Golf TDi whats the story on the adblue for the exhaust. Any other thought/comments on the Golf Wagon.
Thanks

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Love my golf wagon. What options does it have on it? Manual or auto, why keeping it no emissions fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlotte Fox

TDI
06 beetle
Automatic. No sun/moon roof not good in Texas. Has just about everything.
Don't have to have it done and it gets better mileage.
What the adblue?

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Adblue should last from what I read about 15k. No common issues with it as I’ve read. My car has it and no issues thus far? And the mpg “scare” regarding the phase 2 fix I’ve seen argued both ways honestly. So take that as you will. Do you have the bi xenon? Those are nice from what I hear. Mine didn’t have them so I swapped in some Ed reps instead.

Maxhawk

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
The emissions fix gets you a hell of a warranty:
Warranty Period
The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited warranty extension shall be the greater of:
  • 11 years or 162,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date; OR
  • 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of Phase 1 of the emissions modification. At the time of the subsequent Phase 2 modification, the extended warranty will be honored for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of the completion of Phase 2.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
You’re a fool for not getting the fix, and unless it’s being sold by a private owner, it’s had to have had the Phase 1 already in order to be sold.

Do you have the bi xenon?
No sunroof means it’s the S-trim. The only thing it’ll have “feature wise” is leatherette seats.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I don't know what private seller in their right mind would be selling the car without collecting the fix $. I guess maybe they didn't get the memo about dieselgate. And if its from a dealer then it had to be done.

Wrong on the heated seats. The 2015's only put the heated seats on the SE and SEL. Not that its a big deal in Texas.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Congrats on the new car! I like my '15, although, sadly, I like my '02 Jetta Wagon better.

Regarding adblue, fill when it's low. Or when you change the oil. Any product will do. That's about all you need to know.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd bet the car has at least phase 1.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I've bought and sold three TDIs without a fix. Unless you count my version of a fix, LOL.

Some people just want the car to operate correctly, run good, be reliable, and get good fuel economy. Not be on a first name basis with every service writer at the dealer because something is always wrong, or a warning light is constantly coming on, or the car gets screwed up by some tech trying to beat flat rate on recall work. More to life than money. ;)

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Wrong on the heated seats. The 2015's only put the heated seats on the SE and SEL. Not that its a big deal in Texas.
I stand corrected. I had just assumed since V-Tex usually meant at least heated seats on prior TDIs.
I've bought and sold three TDIs without a fix. Unless you count my version of a fix, LOL.
Some people just want the car to operate correctly, run good, be reliable, and get good fuel economy. Not be on a first name basis with every service writer at the dealer because something is always wrong, or a warning light is constantly coming on, or the car gets screwed up by some tech trying to beat flat rate on recall work. More to life than money. ;)
I’d rather get the fix, be allowed to actually register the car in my sometimes overly-liberal state, and then do the deletes.

And frankly, if this guy is asking how AdBlue works, my gut tells me he might not be the type to Google/DIY and might want the peace of mind having a 160K mine warranty.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Problem is, in the case of all the ones I had, I would have needed to do things to them first in order to get the fix. They all had a bad DPF. And honestly I was getting tired of swapping the one good DPF I had to several customers' cars so they could get their fix, then swap their bad one back on, and then they could go and get their new DPF.

Too much BS knowing they were all going to get deleted anyway. VAG's approach to this has been pretty dumb. They won't apply the fix if something is wrong with the car, even if that something wrong would be a covered item.

The ping-ponging back and forth these poor people have been dealing with would drive me crazy.

Charlotte Fox

TDI
06 beetle
2015 Golf Sportwagen

Picked up the car Saturday morning. Drove from SC to Texas on Sunday. Average about 47 mpg running 70 to 80 mph.
Nice car. Wife has a 13 A3, son has a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. Rides like Jetta, performs and handles like the A3.
Only issue I have is one of the key FOBs doesn't work. Installed new battery and then tried to program.. Any tricks I need to know?
Thanks

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Picked up the car Saturday morning. Drove from SC to Texas on Sunday. Average about 47 mpg running 70 to 80 mph.

Nice car. Wife has a 13 A3, son has a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. Rides like Jetta, performs and handles like the A3.

Only issue I have is one of the key FOBs doesn't work. Installed new battery and then tried to program.. Any tricks I need to know?

Thanks

When I put a new battery in one of my keys I didn’t need to reprogram anything. It just worked.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I have a 2015 GSW without any dieselgate "fix" on it. I've never had to fill the DEF/AdBlue tank in between oil changes. I would recommend keeping the maintenance schedule, and topping off the DEF tank each time you change your oil.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I got a mileage increase after phase 2
Could be because you had an ashed up DPF, and replacing it reduced the back pressure and regens.

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
The increase wasn't but a few MPG. Our last road trip was 4400 miles and we averaged over 53.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
The increase wasn't but a few MPG. Our last road trip was 4400 miles and we averaged over 53.
A person would only expect to see a few mpg increase if he changed out a DPF full of ash. I'm just saying, it is a good explanatory guess at what would increase your mpg after having phase 2 of the "fix" done on your car. :)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Could be because you had an ashed up DPF, and replacing it reduced the back pressure and regens.
phase 2 doesn't mean he got a new DPF, he could have just got the new sensor and y pipe of phase 2A (such as what we did at 36K).

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I’m just trying to get my phase 2 done... contacted the dealer twice now and no response back from them. I have the sticker under the hood but no boxes checked.... Did they even do phase 1? Idk!

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
That's full completion. Had it been 2A only, you would have a beige Partial Completion sticker.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
That's full completion. Had it been 2A only, you would have a beige Partial Completion sticker.

CarFax only shows phase 1 being done. Had a buddy buy a Jetta tdi with both phases done and it shows on carfax even if they were done at the same time.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
This is what comes up. Same mileage and date that the carfax shows “Enissions control software updated EPA approved TDI emissions modification performed. So maybe it is both phases? They didn’t even check the box on the sticker for the phase one fix so that’s why I’m confused about what was actually done. The reason I had thought it was only phase 1 done was that’s what the dealer told me when I bought it.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
phase 2 doesn't mean he got a new DPF, he could have just got the new sensor and y pipe of phase 2A (such as what we did at 36K).
Indeed. :) Hence why I included terms like "could be" and "explanatory guess".

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
This is what comes up. Same mileage and date that the carfax shows “Enissions control software updated EPA approved TDI emissions modification performed. So maybe it is both phases?
Bingo.

Mine has only Phase 2A done and the "Modification Completed for the Vehicle (VIN)" box shows "Partial".

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
I've been missing my moderately modded 03 Jetta Wagon TDI and have my eye on a few 15 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL's with the DSG. The majority are for sale at VW dealerships. Out of the 4 VIN #'s that i have plugged in, every one has stated they have only had a partial fix. What exactly does that mean?

Results for your
2015 Golf Wagon 4D TDI SEL I4 T-Diesel

Volkswagen Emissions Modification Programs

Vehicle (VIN) Included in Settlement:YES

Modification Approved by EPA and CARB:YES

Modification Completed for this Vehicle (VIN):pARTIAL

Vehicle has Extended Emissions Warranty:YES

Vehicle Eligibility and Emissions Modification Status:

An emissions modification has been approved for this vehicle by EPA and CARB. Our records show that a partial modification has been completed, and additional modification(s) may still be required.

Emissions Modification Disclosure:

Please find details on the modification for the vehicle in the Emissions Modification Disclosure.
Extended Emissions Warranty Information*:

The vehicle has an Extended Emissions Warranty that runs for 11 years or 162,000 miles from the original in-service date. Please see your VW dealership for additional information including the vehicle's in-service date.
In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification. Your vehicle was modified on Mar 15, 2019 and 31,847 miles. Please see your VW dealership for additional information on the vehicle's post-modification dealer re-sale date.
*For vehicles that have completed repairs in Canada, please see the Canadian extended warranty terms.
Schedule a Service Appointment:

Stay informed about additional required emissions modifications. Once a modification is available, please contact an authorized VW dealer to schedule an appointment. Find a Dealer
Visit VWCourtSettlement.com to determine what other benefits you may be eligible to receive.

Last edited:

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
A stuck exhaust flap is a $500 fix at the realer a DPF plugged is a $4000 fix. alone. you will have a flap stick. its all warranted now,

Charlotte Fox

TDI
06 beetle
The car is still under warranty until May 2020 because of the delivery date.
Phase 1 has been completed. Speaking with 2 dealerships they both suggested not doing phase 2 until the factory warranty expires and then do phase 2, that way I will then get the warranty because of the recall.