OEM LED Bi-Xenon LED DRL issue

Tomecki827

TDI
Mk6 JSW
I recently upgraded my headlights from halogen to OEM LED Bi-Xenons from MK6 GTI. I used Kufatec adapters and upgraded my CECM to high line 5K0 937 087P which supposedly should be the right one. The issue I’m having is with the coding I cannot get the LED DRL to work. I tried many different codes, and none of them seem to work. If anyone can provide some advise, or recommend some shop in the tri state that specializes in coding I would greatly appreciated.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I assume you have VCDS and know how to use it. There is lots of information on the VCDS forum about this issue and I recommend you search and read through some of the long threads back to about 2012 which document lots of experimentation as people tried to figure out what goes on. You will need to recode byte 18 which is a little bit risky, a few people have bricked their BCM doing the change. Some thinking is that a low voltage while making the change is the culprit so it is recommended to have a battery charger hooked up when you do it.

byte 18 set to hex 4F works on my car. I think if you put the terms “vw byte 18” into google you will find a list of many different vw models and the required coding for each. The sportwagen is a VW362, documentation of which isn’t easy to find. There is a procedure for changing byte 18 using the long code helper which is identified on the Ross tech site. The actual byte 18 is hidden by vw and what shows is 00. Unfortunately this means you can’t go back to the original byte 18 value by pasting the old long code back into VCDS. The list shows a halogen equipped sportwagen to use hex 09 for byte 18 and this has been confirmed by Ross Tech to work in several cars.

Your BCM looks to me as if it should work as long as it has a software version of 575 or higher.

What year and trim level is your car? The long coding will vary somewhat depending on the options you have so plugging mine in is likely to cause more problems than it solves.
Did you put in the entire AFS setup or just the headlight adapters?