2006 TDI Jetta's CCM issues

mattyc5094

TDI
2006 jetta BRM,2000 Jetta ALH 2009 sportwagon tdi (totalled),1999.5golf tdi 1998 GOLF (4) RABBIT diesels, 81 Dasher diesel, 2005 DODGE CUMMINS
I have 2 -2006 tdi's with possibly two separate CCM issues. First 2006 has a battery drain issue overnight. This one I solved by jumping the fuse for module under hood to one that is powered up when key is on. Condition corrected for now.
Second 06 has front left signal light stays on all the time even when key is off and right front side doesn't work at all. I changed both headlights, checked all fuses, cleared all codes with VCDS and checked all coding compared to my other 06 and no change. Would the CCM cause only one front signal light to stay on and isolate other not to work at all? Hazard switch, dash indicators and rear signals work as intended. Dash shows light out warning. I ordered a used CCM on Ebay but not confident due to both my 06's have possibly bad CCM's and cant see one sitting in a scrap yard being ok. Can I install a newer CCM from a newer Jetta which maybe has an updated circuit? 1KO 959 433 AF is installed in both cars now, which other ones can be coded for my cars? BTW both cars have regular headlights and economy MFD

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Don't they call that the Central Electronics? That is what I always call them on the newer cars, but I know what you mean. It has a bunch of relays and stuff made on to it, for stuff like the windshield washer, etc. and all the lighting controls go through it.

On the ones I have had to replace, for various reasons, and I only ever put new ones in, I have found that sometimes the part is updated to a different number as well as some of the coding placement will be different. Luckily, VCDS' long coding helper will work you through making everything work like you want it to work.

I've lost track of the various manifestations of problems that can occur with them, but essentially anything that is an input or output could be suspect.

mattyc5094

TDI
2006 jetta BRM,2000 Jetta ALH 2009 sportwagon tdi (totalled),1999.5golf tdi 1998 GOLF (4) RABBIT diesels, 81 Dasher diesel, 2005 DODGE CUMMINS
I Ordered module behind Glove box 1KO 959 433 AF. Is that the wrong module to control Front turn signals and alarm Horn? I've read here where someone had same problem due to comfort module Is there another module that can be causing front signal lights not to work and left side to stay on and not shut off?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Hmmmm.... I would be looking at the electric control module then, it is down low to the left of the steering column, but you cannot easily get at it without taking some lower dash trim loose.

J519

There is something like 10 updates to these, LOL.

I forget the VCDS address word, but it should be labeled. I do not have a car like yours here today or I'd look.