Is there any Tigwan TDI?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The Tiguan was never offered in the USA with anything other than the 2.0 TSI (gas) engine, and an automatic.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
If you want a TDI Tiguan, you have to leave North America. They are common in Europe but they have never been sold here. (see my signature below)

Have Fun!

Don

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Yep, if you can afford it. I'd be wary of any vw-audi product with the v-10 which hasn't already had the timing chains (yes, plural, there's 3, I think - one for the crank and a separate one for each head) replaced. They don't last forever, and since the chains are at the rear of the engine, you have to pull the engine (or transmission, take your pick) to get in there and have your fun. That's a serious maintenance headache, if you ask me. A very expensive operation in terms of man-hours as well as a decent skill set. I'd look long and hard to find a mechanic I'd trust for that.

Or there's always the Sprinter van.

Cheers,

PH

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
The GMC Terrain or Chevrolet Equinox are available with a diesel engine.

Or if you want used don't forget the Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec which came out in 2014.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
The GMC Terrain or Chevrolet Equinox are available with a diesel engine.

Or if you want used don't forget the Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec which came out in 2014.
Jeep Grand Cherokee has a diesel option also, same as in the new Ram pickups. It's very nice, lots of torque.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I'd be wary of any vw-audi product with the v-10 which hasn't already had the timing chains (yes, plural, there's 3, I think - one for the crank and a separate one for each head) replaced.
The V10 TDI has only gears driving the camshaft and ancillaries, no chains.

djrhetoric

Veteran Member
TDI
80 Rabbit pickup MTDI
Tons of misinformation in this thread.

The Tiguan COULD be purchased in a manual transmission... a friend of mine had one and I've seen it with my own eyes. It was a base model from 2009/2010.

The Touareg had a 5.0 V10 TDI and the Touareg 2 had a 3.0 V6 TDI.

It's amazing what people post here with regards to 'factual' information sometimes...

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
There were a few 2016 V6 TDIs (in VW Touareg, Audi, and Porsche applications), as well, before the plug was pulled on them.

Realistically, though, those things can be maintenance nightmares.