Less Expensive Cars On East Coast

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Why are cars so much cheaper on the East Coast, especially the DC/VA area ? I did a nationwide search for a 2017 GTI Sport in blue with a manual. $21,780 in Vienna VA, best price in the country. Nearby are Base Jetta 1.4 sedans for $11,xxx :eek:

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Because they're never really as cheap as they seem. They post a low price on auto trader, then say, well, if you're out of state it's another 1k. Price includes military rebate, recent college grad rebate, and loyalty cash. Then add dealer fees, prep fees, destination fees, etc. It looks like 7k off MSRP on auto trader, but in reality it's more like 4k or less. Some local dealers here told me they wouldn't even do that, but it's certainly not as cheap as it looks. I think if you wait till the end of the model year, you might get them or another dealer close to the listed prices, but don't believe that's the actual price.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Why are cars so much cheaper on the East Coast, especially the DC/VA area ? I did a nationwide search for a 2017 GTI Sport in blue with a manual. $21,780 in Vienna VA, best price in the country. Nearby are Base Jetta 1.4 sedans for $11,xxx :eek:
Similar nonsense in Houston area