Replacment for displacment!!!!!

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Hard to see from my phone, is that an oiling rail added to the cam caps?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Bad a$$ man!

As with others, I'm very curious of how you did the block reinforcement rods. Did you weld onto the block for the mounts?

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
Thanks for the comments guys.Both turbo's will be controlled by wastegate accuators.I'll need to play with all the stop screws to get it dialed in.I might use the between stage boost to control both turbo's.Using the big vnt turbo's is great beacuse you can get them to spool up and use them to control boost hopefully without using any wastegates.

The block reinforcment rods don't touch the block at all.The rear side uses the exhaust manifold studs as a anchor and the front side uses the injector hold down dowels.The inj pump bracket is also used to connect 2 of the rods together.Orignally we just wanted somthing as a safety incase the block acutally split.Then we figured why not make somthing that might actually pervent this from happening.I'm not sure if these blocks have even been broken before like earlier balance shaft blocks?

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Hard to see from my phone, is that an oiling rail added to the cam caps?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It was easier to use the rail system rarther than drill passages through our head.We do have a one drilled passage for the vaccum pump on the end of the head.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Looking good. Looks like you going to use 2 TB setup, correct? can you show picture TB setup close up? how did you setup TB tensioners and way its going to be tensioned?

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
wooo whoo Andy! lookin forward to what that tdi beasty can put out. :D

Have you though about running a lambda sensor to help tune in your fueling and air? I hate to see you break this one. Good to see you trying the Cunnigham rods..and the Diamond Pistons. Have you added any extra provisions for piston cooling?
I think I spy that you have upgraded you skirt bolt pattern size with that integral girdle/oil pan you have there. Anyways..very exciting to see this!

turbo johan

Veteran Member
Love this built!!!
Love to see people this crasy building insane stuff that nobody dares to try!
Which car will it be put in?
What size plunjer is in the pump? 10 mm?
10 is the biggest you can straight fit in there.
What nozzles do you use?
400 hp comes in reach... :D:D

Good luck!
Keep it together!! :rolleyes:

Johan

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Not too worried about keeping the engine together.What I do need is a relief valve(s) for the intake.I need one or more as a safety incase I have issues with boost control.Does anyone know where to get a relief valve (80-100 psi) possibly an adjustable one? I see the diesel pickup truck guys using them and thats what I need.

Yep 10mm plungers with 5 hole X .017" nozzles.Could be 450 hp with 50 and 57mm inducer turbo.

Oil passages would be too much extra work espically as we are not using hydraulic lifters that would need an oil feed.Technically speaking we are using hydraulic lifters only we replaced the hydraulic piston with as solid peice of steel.We had issues with the shim type lifters and didn't like the lash cap type so we made our own.

This engine is going into my 94 golf and we plan on using 26x10 slicks.The spec twin disc clutch is pretty beat but should hopefully hold in there.We have changed the gears in the 02A trans and now have V6 CCM ring and pinion 3.3? and 1-4 gears from the CCM as well.No fifth gear as we built a link to connect the 2 shafts together.Also has 3 other braces on various spots to try and keep things together.

whoabeats

TDI
98 RIP, 00 chugging along
Im so sad and stoked to see someone with a 4bt p pump on a tdi I definitely would have been the first to do that if I wasnt a broke college kid. lol I honestly think that is way cooler than the twins no offense.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
wow 0.17" nozzels that are .340?
race520 .260
ultime 2 .280
0.17" .340

biggest nozzels that I ever seen!!

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
What size plunjer is in the pump? 10 mm?
10 is the biggest you can straight fit in there.
What nozzles do you use?
400 hp comes in reach... :D:D
We use 8mm elements for +500bhp in MB 4 cyl 2.0TD. Even 7mm get you close to 450bhp.

Nice build Andy!:cool:

dvst8r

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
Glad to see it back together Andy. Not what I was picturing when we were discussing stud length's, but innovative none the less.

You coming to Edmonton again this year for what was blackout?

Last edited:

CommieGIR

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta 1.9l TDI (2001 ALH motor), 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 2.4TD IDI, 1987 Audi 5000 Quattro 2.4TD IDI
Its a tiny diesel god!

Subscribed, I can't wait to see some video or pictures of this beast moving metal

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvReVRsk9EM

Had major alignment issues and no traction.Basically lots of noise and smoke but no speed.At least its a video of it actually running :)

Dynoed it 350whp @ 4800 rpm and 390wtq @ approx 4700 rpm .We were looking for more but are working on the inj pump to get it keep the full fueling on past 4800 rpm.The vnt turbo's didn't quite work as I expected.The vanes have to be opened quite a bit and it takes 6000 rpm to make 40 psi which is enough to launch.It will make 75 psi boost with 80 psi Emp.

Went through 2 turbo's and intercooler during testing due to an over crimped turbo oil supply line.Only just kept the engine from running away on oil using the air shuttoff valve.

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
wow 0.17" nozzels that are .340?
race520 .260
ultime 2 .280
0.17" .340

biggest nozzels that I ever seen!!
This is proving to be an interesting build and to think that one of the shops in the UK should have .340's available soon......

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Due...please tell me you are coming to Waterfest this weekend! I havent seen your car in a while!

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
Is the 4bt pump equivalent to a vp37 with a 12mm pump head and 3.5mm cam plate?

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the comments guys.

Looks like I can't make it to waterfest.The camshaft from the inj pump is being re ground and some other springs and things are going in as well.

I wouldn't be too suprised if you could get a 12mm vp37 with a 3.5mm camplate to deliver as much or more fuel.I got 280cc's from the 13.5mm head on my old ve pump but the full fueling would start to taper off around 3000 rpm.Now full fueling starts to taper off at 4800 approx and is set to 250cc's.