Very Frustrated

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I have been working with Langhorne VW in PA to get my 2010 JSW TDI. I know many on here have expressed their great experience with the sales process there but I'm certainly not seeing it.

On the contrary, I'm very close to throwing in the towel and losing out on the $825 discount versus buying it locally. I have found them to be so non responsive that I am the one faxing documents to my local DMV, insurance agent, loan company because they simply are not. One would think I'm trying to sell the car versus buying it.

Just today I called the sales manager trying to get the banks address (11am) and I'm still waiting for a return call in the mean-time my insurance agent is waiting for the address and I'm supposed to pickup the car this weekend. The sales person knew this last night and I've left two messages for him and I'm still waiting for him to return my call. I had asked for these things to be done over two weeks ago and they just kept getting ignored and now I'm a few days away from delivery and they are still not done.

As far as I'm concerned, this is hardly worth the $825 discount and has certainly removed the joy of getting a new car and replaced it with frustration and anger.

A very pissed fleuger! :mad:

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
I beleive this a first. I'm sure there have been a few others that may have been dissatisfied with the salemen at Langhorne,but you are definately in a very small minority. I've bought two vehicles at Langhorne and can only give them high marks. If your dealings were with Chris, 99% of the members here have been more than satisfied when dealing with Chris. I hope things work out for you and you will soon be enjoying your new car.

Dweisel

GoldJag

TDI
11 Golf Variant
I brought from Chris in 2/08
I arranged all the papers with my credit union and insurance agent. Chris got me my NY plates. It was very painless.

danham

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Very sorry to hear that -- I'd be frantic too.

Luckily (and not to rub it in, I hope), my JSW arrived today, is being prepped, and should be in my driveway in a few hours.

Hope your hassles go away and your new car does not.

-dan

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
danham said:
Very sorry to hear that -- I'd be frantic too.

Luckily (and not to rub it in, I hope), my JSW arrived today, is being prepped, and should be in my driveway in a few hours.

Hope your hassles go away and your new car does not.

-dan
I'm glad you're getting yours today, enjoy it, it is a great vehicle.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
dweisel said:
I beleive this a first. I'm sure there have been a few others that may have been dissatisfied with the salemen at Langhorne,but you are definately in a very small minority. I've bought two vehicles at Langhorne and can only give them high marks. If your dealings were with Chris, 99% of the members here have been more than satisfied when dealing with Chris. I hope things work out for you and you will soon be enjoying your new car.

Dweisel
I don't know what to say. It is what it is. I didn't get into this hoping for this outcome but this is where I find myself and I'm very glad I'm in the minority because I wouldn't wish this on others.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Flueg, which salesperson are you dealing with?

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
It seems after a discussion tonight things have been worked out. The person has their approach and I have mine, of getting things done.

I run a consulting firm and I like to cover all my bases well in advance, there will always be the unknowns but I like keeping those to a minimum. This person felt comfortable leaving things loose until the end.

Bottom line, I'll be picking up my car on Sat. Let's hope the rest of this goes smoothly.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Bob_Fout said:
Flueg, which salesperson are you dealing with?
He is dealing with Chris.........and I referred him. I have bought 2 cars from Chris and talk to him at least 2 times a week and find it very hard to believe that this is happening and strongly urge you to get with VW of Langhorne tomorrow............They do sell a lot of cars!! and Chris has had some computer problems in the last 2 weeks.........He also had problems with another salesmen there attempting to Muscle in here to sell.........
I also would suggest that this is not the proper place to air your Grievances.........
I am sure that you will have a positive outcome.........

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
tomo366 said:
He is dealing with Chris.........and I referred him. I have bought 2 cars from Chris and talk to him at least 2 times a week and find it very hard to believe that this is happening and strongly urge you to get with VW of Langhorne tomorrow............They do sell a lot of cars!! and Chris has had some computer problems in the last 2 weeks.........He also had problems with another salesmen there attempting to Muscle in here to sell.........
I also would suggest that this is not the proper place to air your Grievances.........
I am sure that you will have a positive outcome.........
Tomo366,

I had not mentioned names in this post, was merely blowing off some steam as I've been very frustrated in the last two days.

As far as airing my grievances, this is a community where we share good and bad and help one another out. Whether or not you agree or whether or not you believe what I've posted above is not my concern as we all have our opinions and that is part of a forum. My experiences this week are real to me.

As I said in my last post, we had a good chat tonight and things seem to have been resolved, alas 24 hours before I'm driving down to PA to pickup the car.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You didn't need to mention names.........I have never heard of anyone here having a bad experience there. and I was not accusing you of anything and I do not appreciate you inference. and my point was that you needed to take this up with Chris which it appears you have done after starting this thread
Have a happy Holiday season and enjoy your new Car!!
I love Mine!!

Tom Walker

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
fleuger99 said:
Tomo366,

I had not mentioned names in this post, was merely blowing off some steam as I've been very frustrated in the last two days.

As far as airing my grievances, this is a community where we share good and bad and help one another out. Whether or not you agree or whether or not you believe what I've posted above is not my concern as we all have our opinions and that is part of a forum. My experiences this week are real to me.

As I said in my last post, we had a good chat tonight and things seem to have been resolved, alas 24 hours before I'm driving down to PA to pickup the car.

If you have an actual problem, we are here to help. If you just want to 'blow off steam' there is nothing we can do to help... so WHY waste your energy smearing a good forum resource?

Problems get help and sympathy.

Tantrums or 'Venting'... not so much.

Sorry, but that is just the way it seems to work around here. Next time you have a problem that we can help you with, ask. We will try to help.

Bill

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
tomo366 said:
You didn't need to mention names.........I have never heard of anyone here having a bad experience there. and I was not accusing you of anything and I do not appreciate you inference. and my point was that you needed to take this up with Chris which it appears you have done after starting this thread
Have a happy Holiday season and enjoy your new Car!!
I love Mine!!

Tom Walker
Tom,

Same to you, have a great Christmas! I'm looking forward to getting the car and my first diesel and I have a 270 miles ride home to get to know it.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
40X40 said:
so WHY waste your energy smearing a good forum resource?

Tantrums or 'Venting'... not so much.

Thanks for the advice, I'll just keep my mouth shut here. ;)

mxs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
fleuger99 said:
Thanks for the advice, I'll just keep my mouth shut here. ;)
Didn't you know that complaining and critisizing is for private messages?? Try to keep the publicly visible posts nice and full of praises ... LOL

On a serious note, in today's Internet world it's impossible to know who is making stuff up and who is serious. People are million times more sensitive about their favorite dealerships and brands. It's easier to complain nowadays and spread unsubstantiated rumours (doubt you were doing either one ...).

Makes me sick, but this is Internet. You have to take the good with the bad. Personally, I'd never start negative threads, doesn't matter how much I want to blow off steam, because at the end, after reading all the smart comments, it wouldn't help my cause and I'd be ready to blow off another gasket .... it gets you nowhere.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
I think you will find that any paperwork you have left to complete at the dealership will go pretty fast and you will be on your way once the salesman goes over your car with you. Happy dieseling!

Dweisel

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
mxs said:
Didn't you know that complaining and critisizing is for private messages?? Try to keep the publicly visible posts nice and full of praises ... LOL
Apparently so :p

mxs said:
On a serious note, in today's Internet world it's impossible to know who is making stuff up and who is serious. People are million times more sensitive about their favorite dealerships and brands. It's easier to complain nowadays and spread unsubstantiated rumours (doubt you were doing either one ...).
Trust me, I have far better things to do than to create scenarios that never occured or figments of my imagination. What would be the point?

mxs said:
Personally, I'd never start negative threads, doesn't matter how much I want to blow off steam, because at the end, after reading all the smart comments, it wouldn't help my cause and I'd be ready to blow off another gasket .... it gets you nowhere.
Amen brother! Right you are and lesson learn't :D

Last edited:

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
dweisel said:
I think you will find that any paperwork you have left to complete at the dealership will go pretty fast and you will be on your way once the salesman goes over your car with you. Happy dieseling!

Dweisel
Thanks Dweisel, looking forward to dieseling indeed!

Last edited:

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Farfromovin said:
You can give me $825 and I'll fax up to 10 papers and make 20 phone calls too :)
Throw in a sandwich and a cup of coffee and you've got a deal :D

gjslutz

TDI
2010 JSW
Just my $.02, I looked at many posts about everything on the TDI, here and other places prior to purchasing. I value the positive and negative reviews of vendors. I spoke with Chris one time, but purchased from our local dealer. I have purchased a few other cars from them, and felt if I wanted them to sevice it, I should buy there. There was not enough discount in these cars to make it worth while to make the trip.

On the other end, I never purchased any of the M.B. cars I had here due to them not discounting, unlike others were. Much larger purchases had much $$$ more to save.

I also have a very good friend that was a Porsche dealer, out of the 20+ 911's I had, I only purchased one from him due to price. We are still great friends of 45 years. On both of the above brand cars, the discounts were 30% to 50% of what I paid total for my JSW. Yes, I'm old.

I purchased the Westfalia hitch for my 2010 JSW due to the bad reviews of the Curt and Hidden Hitch. I had used a few Hidden Hitches prior with no issues. The TDI site has been very helpful, keep up the good work. I can still learn from others.

mostchillin

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I hope everything goes smoothly for you today fleuger99! What a Christmas present! Safe travels back to Boston and post some pics when convenient! :)

one69chev

TDI
none
i am sorry to hear about your difficult experience. i also bought a JSW from Chris, and thus far the process was good.

hopefully the dissatisfaction with the paperwork will be erased by the pleasure of driving a wagon full of hawtness......

Last edited:

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Hello, Chris from VW of Langhorne here!

I would like to apologise to Flueger and anyone else that I have offended or annoyed or just left an empty feeling with.

Although there should be no excuses, I would like to explain for nothing other then an explanantion.

The last 2 weeks, I have had nothing but computer problems as far as my email system has gone. I generally get 35 emails a day from my TDI as well as my VW RealDriver warranty business! For 5 days , my email was down in one capacity or another.

On top of this, I generally get 30 calls a day and I am a one man show.
I normally do not have a problem keeping up as I normally am I very compitent person. My problem this month is due to the fact of the emal problems and the fact that 30 SPortwagen TDI's that I have ordered for club members in the last 90-100 days have all come in at once and I am trying to accomidate every one's wishes for their desired delivery times.

I normally get al your documents up front so that YOU will not be put out by being here at the dealwership for more then a reasonable amount of time. I also will not undercut someone by not going over their new car in detail w/ them upon arrival.

In the case w/ Flueger, I have to say that he has been a dream client, just not the state he lives in. The state of MA has a very different way of handling the way that that I can sell someone a vehicle and get it registered for them. Our Pa temp tags are not valid in the state of Ma so there are a few more steps in the process that I just did not handle quickly enough. For this, I apologise! Saturday will be a ggod day for delivery!

Once again, If did not get back to anyone or you feel tha I did not give enough attention to your desires, please try me agan and I will rectify it.

Chris

CTGOLFTDI

TDI
2010 golf DSG 2 door
Bad News can be good news

When shopping for something I like to hear the good and bad. Several times I have purchased things after months of research only to learn about the negatives afterwards. If you have a problem try to explain , as factually as possible , what the problem is with the service or item. Leave out theories about personalities and be polite. I purchased a new Golf TDI with the help of those on this site who both gave positive and negative opinions and facts. Thank you for helping me with my purchase decision.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
3193 said:
In the case w/ Flueger, I have to say that he has been a dream client, just not the state he lives in. The state of MA has a very different way of handling the way that that I can sell someone a vehicle and get it registered for them. Our Pa temp tags are not valid in the state of Ma so there are a few more steps in the process that I just did not handle quickly enough. For this, I apologise! Saturday will be a ggod day for delivery!

Chris
Chris,

I do appreciate this comment although we worked it out over the phone last night? (or the night before) so this is a non issue.
I'm looking forward to delivery day on Sat, it will be good despite the 90% chance of showers ;)

I'll see you the day after tomorrow and have a great Christmas.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
mostchillin said:
I hope everything goes smoothly for you today fleuger99! What a Christmas present! Safe travels back to Boston and post some pics when convenient! :)
Thanks for all the great comments. I'm getting the JSW tinted next Tuesday, I'll snap some pics after that!

sinfony78

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 sportwagen
so...positive comments and praises are welcome
negative comments based on real-world experience - trash

doesn't sound right to me...this forum shouldn't be intended for groupthink

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
sinfony78 said: