Unfix vs. stage 1

tpavlusik

TDI
2006 Jetta/2014 Passat
Recently I had done the "Fix" for my 2014 Passat. Not only is the fuel consumption higher, also the engine is noisier. I spoke to Malone dealer here in NC and he said he can return the engine to the original spects or do stage 1 for the same fee.
Does anybody have any experience with the unfix? Does the engine really goes back to its original settings?
Thank you.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If there is more power with a stage 1/2 tune, MPG will be dictated by your foot more than the tune. If you're hot rodding around town don't expect the same mileage, if you sit for hours on the highway at 65, you'll get just as good.

We average around 45MPG tank to tank with our EA288 stg 2 tune.

tpavlusik

TDI
2006 Jetta/2014 Passat
Did the engine noise do back to pre fix or it stays the same. I am mostly highway driver so noise is a significant factor for me.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Find a tuner who has figured out how to tune the new fix cars without getting the shudder and spurious EGT problems and shaking. ;) And regens even with "full deletes" lol

If you unfix, then say bye bye warranty, and you won't get the added benefits that come from the fixed cars when they are properly tuned.