TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Heading to the hotel to sign my life away...

WPB TDI FRED

TDI
03 JETTA - Stick
FYI, and to all those who might be interested in an "event" to attend, the Marlins are in DC to play the Nat's on the TDIFEST weekend, to play a 3-game series begining Friday night at 7:35pm. Just another "event" option to consider. And with the oportunity to tour the brand new Nationals ballpark, I'm in !!! :D

A point of clarification: Originally, all I was interested in finding out was the precise location of the event so that I would have some idea of the distance between the hotel and other parts of DC. Saying that it was going to be held in the "Dulles area" didn't tell me "jack" about the location. The rest of it all was pure sarcasm, and there were those that took it seriously, to my surprice, so I "went with it"...lol..;)

Please don't take everything in life so seriously. You will live longer. :)

Regards.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It's at the Dulles Airport Hyatt. How hard is that to figure out? Just to help you out, here's the address...

2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171

Make sure to bring your riot gear with you to the game. Nat's Park isn't in the best part of town. ;)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
WPB TDI FRED said:
A point of clarification: Originally, all I was interested in finding out was the precise location of the event so that I would have some idea of the distance between the hotel and other parts of DC. Saying that it was going to be held in the "Dulles area" didn't tell me "jack" about the location. The rest of it all was pure sarcasm, and there were those that took it seriously, to my surprice, so I "went with it"...lol..;)

Regards.
Classic.:rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
tomo366 said:
Actually you are wrong about Nationals Park..........It is on Capital Hill and is the Center piece for Urban renewal of the Anacostia river waterfront and the whole neighbor hood is decent and being upgraded.......I inspected most of the Mail routes around Nats park and for the most part these are nice neighborhoods!! there is a Metro stop at the front gate of the stadium!
You must have missed the winky. ;) It IS a bad part of town... but not as bad as Rockville!! ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Bob, not exactly a military service commitment, but if Fest gets cancelled, I owe someone 28 large.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
WPB TDI FRED said:
A point of clarification: Originally, all I was interested in finding out was the precise location of the event so that I would have some idea of the distance between the hotel and other parts of DC. Saying that it was going to be held in the "Dulles area" didn't tell me "jack" about the location.
2 seconds with Google...

http://dulles.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

:rolleyes:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
VeeDubTDI said:
Bob, not exactly a military service commitment, but if Fest gets cancelled, I owe someone 28 large.
If that happens, you're right there to plead to Congress for a bailout though.:p

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
tomo366 said:
Actually you are wrong about Nationals Park..........It is on Capital Hill and is the Center piece for Urban renewal of the Anacostia river waterfront and the whole neighbor hood is decent and being upgraded.......I inspected most of the Mail routes around Nats park and for the most part these are nice neighborhoods!! there is a Metro stop at the front gate of the stadium!
West side of South Capital Street across from Stadium in not that great.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

BEN721364

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan
WPB TDI FRED said:
FYI, and to all those who might be interested in an "event" to attend, the Marlins are in DC to play the Nat's on the TDIFEST weekend, to play a 3-game series begining Friday night at 7:35pm. Just another "event" option to consider. And with the oportunity to tour the brand new Nationals ballpark, I'm in !!! :D

Regards.
Interesting. You declared a couple days ago that the entire D C metropolitan area was a hotbed of crime and now admit that that you know nothing about the area. Classic! :D

If you really want to know, I recommend Map Quest or another internet map/guidance service. As an alternative, you might consider reading earlier posts in this thread...

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
VeeDubTDI said:
You must have missed the winky. ;) It IS a bad part of town... but not as bad as Rockville!! ;)
Hey! as a worker in Rockville I resent that!;);) Besides my office is only across the street from Lincoln Park!:eek:

Yes the windows in our upstairs conference room have been used by the police to stake out the drug dealers across the street.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
HEY! I used to live right near Lincoln park and i loved it... My pup and i used to go there every day. We would hear the occasional gun shot at night, but thats no big deal :cool: I wish we couldve afforded Rockville rather than Waldorf.....

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I dont know about crusing Great Falls/McLean for no reason as I can give you several million of reasons. (The Appraiser)

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
donDavide said:
West side of South Capital Street across from Stadium in not that great.
I park my TDI in the lot next to the stadium every day - so there is some class nearby.

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Guys,

This is cool! I'm out in the Shenandoah Valley, near Strasburg. It's a beautiful drive out here from Washington, about 1 1/2 hours. I work down in Washington a couple days a week, so I'm pretty familiar with the commute.

I will definitely try to make it to the TDIFest 2009. If anyone needs info about the area out here, send me a PM and I'll try to help out.

Eric

notsofast

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
General Question and Possible Offer

1) I am on the southside of Richmond so i definately hope to make it up for a day- I guess i can wait till the program comes out but will the Fest be structured so that day commuters can fit in?
2) Given the amount of time between now and then, i might be able to come up with a nice banner- not just words but full color limited only by the pixels in the digital file. Interested?

Benjamin

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Tdi Jetta Mine, 2008 Jeep GC CRD, 2005 Passat TDi
So far away again :(
Oh well that happens to be a busy weekend for work for me so I doubt that unless it was in Alberta I could make it. Enjoy to all those that get to make the trek out there.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Fest will not be planned around day commuters. The whole premise of this three-day event is to spread the activities out over the entire weekend.

If you're looking to come up for just a day, I'd recommend Saturday. We haven't done the schedule yet, but Saturday will likely be the busiest day in terms of activities.

notsofast -- a nice banner might be nice :)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Registration is for the entire three day weekend. There are no "Day Passes".
Or, if you're a glass-half-full type: Registration covers one day, and the other days are FREE!
Note that individual events may have entry fees associated with them, such as group meals, off-site attractions, and such that are not included in the base weekend registration.

It is recommended that attendees stay at the event hotel to minimize the reduction in camaraderie that occurs when staying off site, whether that's another hotel, campground, or your home. You'll need to decide if the advantages of daily 'commuting' are worth it.