B5.5 TDI Suspension rough road springs, upgraded struts and shocks, airbags?

Spring1898

Veteran Member
Greetings all,
I am planning on getting the Rough Road Springs for my Passat. Waiting to confirm with Frans on getting them shipped over (along with a replacement turbo which is a separate issue.)
The car is used for towing on a semi-regular basis (around once a month).
I plan on the Bilstein HD shocks which I heard give a firmer ride and a slight height increase. Not sure how important spring/dampening balance is on cars but since the springs will be stiffer, probably better too that the dampeners be stiffer than stock. Between the springs and shocks hoping to gain about 1+" of height
In addition, a set of air bags for the rear, though I have not researched them.
Tires have already been upgraded to Conti Pure Contact with increased sidewall ply (huge difference over original 11 year old Michelin MXV4 which made the car feel like it was leaning on the handles around turns)
Any other suggestions?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I have a set of additional "helper" bags in the rear of my passat. To assist in keeping the rear level when fully loaded with fuel, luggage, rooftop carrier and teenagers.

You add air in the rear of the car via a schrader valve, and it raises when fully loaded. Makes things quite stiff if left inflated when unloaded. Is that what you're looking for?

Spring1898

Veteran Member
Pretty much, i figure the upgraded springs and shocks will benefit the loaded handling and the air bags will take care of the load itself