Saskatchewan Members

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
i will be at Bright Sands for 2 weeks again this year starting Aug 5th to visit wife's family while we camp.

That's supposed to be a really nice lake. My sister-in-law's boyfriend has a cabin there. She told me the water is really clear righ now.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Gilty_one, I see possibility with that. Even if the lake doesn't work for every one, a SK GTG sounds like a good idea.

Thoughts on date?

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
That's supposed to be a really nice lake. My sister-in-law's boyfriend has a cabin there. She told me the water is really clear righ now.
and COLD, at least for a Texan!
i would love to have a mini GTG with some Sask tdi'ers! i will be flying of course but i would like to talk and see you and the cars.
nicer would be to drive up, swap the rears from a Jetta City to mine. like the look of the tails and location of the bumper.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
and COLD, at least for a Texan!
i would love to have a mini GTG with some Sask tdi'ers! i will be flying of course but i would like to talk and see you and the cars.
nicer would be to drive up, swap the rears from a Jetta City to mine. like the look of the tails and location of the bumper.
Deejaaa,

What would be a good day for you to meet up? Also, as you are flying in, where wold be a good place?

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
Deejaaa,
What would be a good day for you to meet up? Also, as you are flying in, where wold be a good place?
as far as i know, we will be arriving at 'stoon on the 5th, should be at bright sands later that night. any day is good with me but when i get there, i will know for sure. i was thinking at the 'store' for burgers and ice cream?

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
August 6th is the stat holiday - that may be a good day for the run to the lake?

It's only 400km from Saskatoon to Brightsand Lake one way!

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I may be able to make it. I just have to chvk too see if that is the weekend the Father-in-law wants to reside th cabin.

204saskman

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hot, Very hot lol but i guess it could be raining so i wont complain to much. Is there anyone of the sask members that has a Vag-com? My wifes 04 BEW tossed a code and i think its the MAF sensor but i have no way to check for sure.

Rufus46

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Highline
my Wife and I are from Estevan and Regina area. Living in Petawawa Ontario (Ottawa) currently. My wife and I frequent back home a few weeks every summer and winter to visit family. This christmas will be the first trip with my 2013 Jetta TDI Highline. I've been driving a 2003 Jeep grand cherokee until now.

This is my first post. Nice to meet everyone.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
my Wife and I are from Estevan and Regina area. Living in Petawawa Ontario (Ottawa) currently. My wife and I frequent back home a few weeks every summer and winter to visit family. This christmas will be the first trip with my 2013 Jetta TDI Highline. I've been driving a 2003 Jeep grand cherokee until now.
This is my first post. Nice to meet everyone.
Welcome too the forums.

willpower

TDI
2005 jetta
Hi guys I'm from Regina too! I just bought a frostheater kit and was wondering if anyone knew where I could have it installed in town?

thanks for you help!
Will

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi guys I'm from Regina too! I just bought a frostheater kit and was wondering if anyone knew where I could have it installed in town?

thanks for you help!
Will
Try CWS Tuning. I haven't personallyused them but I know the do a lot with VWs.

flatlanded

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I wouldn't personally recommend CWS as I've had better luck with Precision motors myself. CWS seems to be more into the gassers and to be honest I felt a little shunned last time I was in there.

I would give you a hand putting it in but I'm currently without a garage. If you're at all interested in doing it yourself, it's very easy with the frostheater kit.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I wouldn't personally recommend CWS as I've had better luck with Precision motors myself. CWS seems to be more into the gassers and to be honest I felt a little shunned last time I was in there.

I would give you a hand putting it in but I'm currently without a garage. If you're at all interested in doing it yourself, it's very easy with the frostheater kit.
Good to know. Like I said I had never used them, just knew they are in Regina and into VW.

willpower

TDI
2005 jetta

Thanks guys,

My only problem is that I have a vegetable oil kit installed before. (I'm not using it but the cable instalation is still there...) I don't think it will cause any problem but still, I'm not a professional. I have noticed that you basically only need to remove one of the hose and switch it with the kit but then you have to fix the frostheater somewhere...:confused: It won't be easy! lol

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks guys,

My only problem is that I have a vegetable oil kit installed before. (I'm not using it but the cable instalation is still there...) I don't think it will cause any problem but still, I'm not a professional. I have noticed that you basically only need to remove one of the hose and switch it with the kit but then you have to fix the frostheater somewhere...:confused: It won't be easy! lol
Good luck. Let us know how the install goes.

SmokinJoe

TDI
09 White
Hello Everybody:
Not new to VW's but new to this site. I have owned Jetta's for the last 14 years. A '94 GL bought used in '98, a '01 TDI bought used in '02 and my last being an '09 clean diesel TDI, bought new. I was actually looking around tonight for Jetta accessories, when low and behold, a link to this site came up. Right now, I am one happy camper. As a member of another forum for different car that I own, I have found it invaluable for information. and now after looking through this site, I once again have found a meca of knowledge. Looking forward to many great days ahead.
Joe

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Hey guys! I just picked up my first TDI, an 05 Passat Variant. I live just south of Winnipeg, MB but venture out to SK for work quite frequently. It's nice to see other dubbers up here north of the 49! :D Does anyone know of reputable shops in MB or SK for the BSM Delete?

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome. Prairie Autohaus in Saskatoon may be able to help you out. No idea about MB shops.

You work in the oil patch?

Lyle

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI