Votex Body Parts

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Don't know how many of you guys visit PassatWorld, but I ran across a post mentioning that VW had some of their Votex stuff for sale. I think us Variant guys may be outta luck on the rear pieces, but I thought that if any of you had thought about getting these, now might be the time to pick them up.

3B0-071-609-UC-9AX: Front B5.5 Votex Skirt $99

3B0-071-685-B-9AX: Side B5.5 Votex Skirt SET $99

3B0-071-610-B-9AX: Rear B5.5 Votex Skirt $99

3B0-071-611--9AX: Rear B5.5 Diffusor (for use with rear skirt) $99

3B0-071-910: Exhaust tips (for use with rear diffusor) $29.00

3B9-071-640--9AX: B5.5 WAGON Votex Hatch Spoiler $99

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Nice deals!

Nice!

I just ordered this:

From 1stVWParts. They say there are about 50 of these available in the US inventory. Retail for the spoiler is $250+. "Jeb" at 1stVWParts ordered it for me for $73.00 + shipping.

If you want any of these OEM parts, you have to use a dealer to get them. 1stVWParts online price through their website shows this as $229.00. I called them and placed the discounted order over the phone.

Last edited:

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
I ordered the front & side skirts as well as the spoiler. I told myself I wouldn't do it with the wagon when I bought it, but for the $99 for each piece, I knew I'd never see em for that price again! Not anywhere like new anyway. The textured rear may look kinda goofy though. If it does, I'll get it painted too.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Yes, this is a good deal (thanks again for bringing it to our attention).

I was not going to spend a lot for a spoiler, but at $73+ shipping, I can't go wrong. I can buy pre-mixed Reflex Silver paint in a spray can for ~$20 online (I have done that with several of my cars where only a small panel needs to be repainted). Then add a couple of coats of clear and it's painted.

If you follow the PassatWorld thread, those guys are buying all kinds of stuff off this offer.

Even the guy I spoke to at 1stVWParts was shocked at this offer.

Tony

Last edited:

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Yeah, I noticed that. There's even a guy selling on E-Bay for alot more that I'd bet was bought at the discount! Can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Just ordered mine as well. I ended up getting the front, sides, & rear without the diffuser (trailer hitch). I have a buddy that owns a body shop near me so I'm hoping that it won't cost much to paint. Has anybody seen installation instructions for these?

1stVwparts has updated their website with the correct pricing now as well.

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
I've not seen instructions yet, but I doubt it'd be too hard to do, especially the front & rear. There might be instructions on Vortex.

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.
eyeguy said:
Don't know how many of you guys visit PassatWorld, but I ran across a post mentioning that VW had some of their Votex stuff for sale. I think us Variant guys may be outta luck on the rear pieces, but I thought that if any of you had thought about getting these, now might be the time to pick them up.
Eye, thanks so much for posting this, I've been on vacation and I'm just getting back to the forum. I'm ordering this TODAY!

Thanks again for looking out!

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Inventory was going down fast according to fixmy59bug on Passatworld. As of 9:51PM last night he was showing 33 front skirts, 13 sides, & plenty of everything else. BTW, he's in riverside. Might be able to contact him directly & buy through him. Seems like he's the one that knows exactly how much is in stock & where its to be found.

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
eyeguy said:
Inventory was going down fast according to fixmy59bug on Passatworld. As of 9:51PM last night he was showing 33 front skirts, 13 sides, & plenty of everything else. BTW, he's in riverside. Might be able to contact him directly & buy through him. Seems like he's the one that knows exactly how much is in stock & where its to be found.
HAHA, thanks for the additional info. My local VW dealership is great so they ordered up everything and it should be here Friday, except the sides will be in Monday.

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
b554me said:
HAHA, thanks for the additional info. My local VW dealership is great so they ordered up everything and it should be here Friday, except the sides will be in Monday.
Did you order up all the parts? The more I look at the rear diffusor, the more I think I'm glad I have a wagon, plus I plan on using a hitch in the future. Not sure if it can be done with the rear pieces. Any idea yet what the paint fee is gonna be?

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
eyeguy said:
Did you order up all the parts? The more I look at the rear diffusor, the more I think I'm glad I have a wagon, plus I plan on using a hitch in the future. Not sure if it can be done with the rear pieces. Any idea yet what the paint fee is gonna be?
Hi There,

Yes I got everything listed. I'm not really familiar with body kits but the parts guy said that the diffuser went with Passats with hidden exhaust pipes because it required part 3B0-071-910 which introduced exposed exhaust tips to the rear. I don't know exactly what that means until I get them, but I searched on a VW website and found the image below. To paint the entire kit I got a quote of $1150..

**Update**
Got most of it put on, the place i went to matched the paint perfectly.. I really like their work. Here is a teaser of the sides.. sexy :) I have the respraying almost everything since its there. Car is looking like when I first purchased it..lol

Finally got the exhaust put on(he did an amazing job), i swear its like i have a brand new car, it looks Superb!

##UPDATE FULLY DONE.

Last edited:

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
aja8888 said:
Nice!

I just ordered this:

From 1stVWParts. They say there are about 50 of these available in the US inventory. Retail for the spoiler is $250+. "Jeb" at 1stVWParts ordered it for me for $73.00 + shipping.

If you want any of these OEM parts, you have to use a dealer to get them. 1stVWParts online price through their website shows this as $229.00. I called them and placed the discounted order over the phone.
I just ordered one as well. It's kinda good timing because my FIL just hit my passat with his new 24ft travel trailer so I'm having paint work done anyway and the shop said they wouldn't charge much to put some paint on it. Should have it installed within about 2 weeks and then I'll post some before/after and post-spoiler pics.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
Well, I don't have any pics yet, but I really like the look of the spoiler. I do have an idea as to why they're on sale. When the shop tried to mount it, they discovered the tube of glue included in the kit was solid. I'm imagining that these parts have been sitting in a warehouse since they were made, possibly 4-5 years ago? So, be aware of and possibly plan for using new glue in your installation.

eyeguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Yeah, lots of folks on PW were mentioning solid tubes in their kits, & mine were solid as well. I'm just gonna get some windshield polyurethane adhesive & pop 'em on. Maybe Wednesday I'll be able to get to it. I plan on using my dad's garage for a nice dry place in case of rain.

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat TDI Variant - United Grey
Just ordered mine ($73.36 - thanks Zeb!). I hear that 3M 2 sided automotive tape does the job on these spoilers. I've used this product before on my '91 Passat and it is bomb proof. These spoilers were $392 CDN back in 2005 -ouch.

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
This is what the full votex body kit looks like.I trimed 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the door rubber.I also installed 2010 CC wheels to finish it off.
[/IMG]

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon
^^^ I like those rims on that Passat. What are the demension? 17 x 7.5? And offset?
Are they a direct bolt on and what size tires your running?

Thanks for posting.

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
The wheels are a direct bolt on, they are 17 x 8 with a 41mm offset.The tires are 235/45 r 17 continentals.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I want to ask you: where did you bought the taillights, what type are they and how much did they cost?
Thank you and best regards!
Do you realize that this thread is seven years old?

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Since we bumped a 7 year old thread already.

Anybody got some votex parts lying around.