Alignment shops

Coggs

TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Hello to all, this is my first post and I hope I'm not asking a question that's been asked lots before. I just got a 2004 Golf Tdi. I bought it from a member last week or so. Absolutly loving it, I keep telling people that it's like have my cake and eating it too :D It's my first Volkswagen and my first diesel, I never would have thought they would be this much fun. I have seen lots of discussions on shops for mechanical duties and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an alignment shop. I just put new shocks and struts on my Golf and am in need of an alignment. Thanx for any input.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Around he city, most reputable shops are fine, haven't heard anything overly terrible about any of them. As for down your way, the closest I could recommend would be Weiner Brown's in Ellershouse on Williams Rd. He's known for being able to align vehicles that no one else could.

3800rpmDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wgn 5spd w/ mods, '03 Wgn 5spd stock, '05 Passat Wgn - chainless.
I recently had an alignment done here in the city - Atlantic Tire Services on Main St. in Dartmouth were great - they have a new Hunter machine as well.

Stay away from Scotia tire (at least the one on Wyse rd. in Dartmouth) - they told me I needed new struts & strut mounts before they would do an alignment. There's nothing wrong with those parts - the front end was fine.

Coggs

TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Thanx guys, I was pressed for time last week and had one done in the Valley,,, of course with my luck I STILL need an alignment. They adjusted the toe and showed me the readout, the computer was saying to get it in spec, they had to remove the 4 sub frame bolts and shift the subframe until things were in spec, than replace the bolts with new ones. Well it has a diamond plate alumiminum skidplate bolted to it so there is some extra time!! to say the least that hasnt been done yet,,,anyone have to go through this????
I just put $700 worth of tires on it so thats why I needed to get an alignment right away. So after the hour wasted and $80 lighter in my pocket, my car still pulls to the right and the bane of my exsistance ie; a crooked sterring wheel!!! still exists. They told me to come back and they will try again but I would like to know before going back whether the whole subframe adjustment sounds nessesary or not because more than likely thats what they will be telling me is the problem. Thanx again for your input, I may very well be checking the mentioned shops out if they can't fix it on Friday.

Coggs

TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Just take it to Weiner... as funny as that sounds. It'll be done right.
Thanx Fyrman for the info on Weiner. Great guy and knows his stuff. Although it's an hour away I'll be taking my vehicles to him as long as he's working. I would recommend him to anyone.